Silver and Gold peeps here? ( Physical )

eliquid

Digital Strategist
Degree
Anyone here a stacker?

With Silver coming down off the recent high, I'm looking to buy up some more.

Typically, 1-10 ounce bars and rounds ( maple leafs, kangaroos, etc ) and junk silver.

Curious if anyone here holds any or could I be the only one on the forum?

Crypto for boomers! I have some gold as part of a managed portfolio (not physical) and a small amount of physical silver. It's nice to be able to feel my coins when everything else I own is 1's and 0's.

I'm thinking of ordering a small satchel's worth of silver coins when I take some profits from my new yeeting portfolio (mindlessly throwing money at random stocks on a whim) since it's been going wild (+40% in about three weeks, thank you Palantir and Cineplex and science and dumb luck.)

Do you have a preference between coins or bars or any other shapes that might be out there? What about coins that have value beyond their spot price such as collectibles? I guess that is a different asset class and just adds more variables. I haven't looked into that at all.

Is there a meta for buying 1oz pieces vs 10oz vs 100oz? I imagine 1oz might be more "liquid" but not sure if that's really a factor?

How prepared are you, do you have any fish antibiotics on hand?

Been buying gold for a few years. Looked into silver, though the buy/sell spreads are terrible where I live.

For buying ounces: 1oz and above have similar, low spreads. 1oz is a safe move. Anything below could get into double digit spreads. Other denominations like grams aren't as widely traded, so there could be a bit of a loss when selling.

I've purchased collectible coins as gifts but these aren't as easy to convert back into dollars.

It's nice to be able to feel my coins when everything else I own is 1's and 0's.
This. That a coin could carry so much value, weight, and historical significance in such a compact form makes gold a cool asset to own.

I have some silver.

I used to buy designer gold jewelry in the Caribbean (SXM) like a pirate and flip it a few years later.

Def an extra cushion to have. People used to tell me how jewelry was a waste... it's like a joke to me to hear people saying that now.

Diamonds, i shy away from and would never buy under 1 karat (+ quality) but Gold....i may touch on this in 2021 again.

I found out Facebook mrket place has a lot of gold deals but i'm sure by now it's flooded wth people who resell.

I made a size-able bet on Gold in March this year. I am pretty frustrated by the performance relative to just about anything else I could've chosen.

I really thought the combination of covid + we're due for a recession anyways + we're gonna print money like mad to get outta this (devalue dollar by increasing supply) all just pointed to a large surge in Gold value.

Of course this hasn't happened. Gold has risen mildly, but it's nothing compared to all the other stuff that has just rocketed. I was wrong......or the market left "logical" a long time ago. I am seriously re-considering my bearish outlook these days. Market feels crazy AF to me, but just keeps going up. Idk anymore.

Last edited:
A lot of countries are buying gold for 10+ years now. They cant be doing it without a reason.

Gold is gold. And the stock market simply cant go up forever.

Back