Should I use an "Additional Resources" set of links at the end of a post to increase interlinking for SEO?

Degree
Is it worth having an "Additional Resources" section at the end of each of my posts to link to 3-5 other posts within the same category on my site? I have about 70 orphaned posts right now that don't directly tie into other articles, so I didn't find any easy link opportunities with Link Whisper.

I much rather interlink within the content of my articles, but I figure creating an additional resources section could get some link juice flowing. Interested in hearing your thoughts on this.

Is it worth having an "Additional Resources" section at the end of each of my posts to link to 3-5 other posts within the same category on my site? I have about 70 orphaned posts right now that don't directly tie into other articles, so I didn't find any easy link opportunities with Link Whisper.

I much rather interlink within the content of my articles, but I figure creating an additional resources section could get some link juice flowing. Interested in hearing your thoughts on this.

Yes, you should do this, it's far better than having a bunch of orphaned pages with no interlinking. Maybe when you're adding all of these links, you'll find some opportunities to add a paragraph here and there for some contextual links, too. Finally, it's just a nice opportunity to refresh your content. Definitely do this.

Why would you have orphaned pages in the first place?

Are they not in a category?

If you have a lot of orphaned pages, I would strongly recommend at least building out some category pages with text in them (use the Category Description) or you could build a Pillar page, Wikipedia style, and link to those orphaned pages.

Back