Should I re-write product descriptions?

Degree
So I'm working on an ecom store with the intention of ranking it.

I have lots of products that are the same, but in different colors. Since each of them is a keyword, I create individual product pages for all of them. Should I re-write the product description for each color or is it fine for them to be the same?

I have no idea what your product is but yes I'd rewrite them if they're on their own url. Example in watches. 'In striking blue this blah blah keyword watch will pair magnificently with a purple dress, perfect for attending an evening party without appearing too formal...' blah blah. Something that will actually appeal to the buyer ofc. I'm not a copywriter but you get the idea - I'm sure someone sensible would come up with better copy than that given that vague idea of where to start thinking about how to differentiate the pages.

I worked with something similar some time ago. We ended up with the same provided description but made sure that the title and product specifications included the color difference.

It worked well for us and the site is doing fine after all this time.

One thing to consider, changing the description of products may affect you negatively. I don't know if you get a product description and specification from your supplier, but we did. Google expects to find the same product description and specifications, as they are 99% of the time provided by the supplier/manufacturer.

By leaving it default, it's easier for Google to make correlations between different keywords and product pages.

Back