Shortened Amazon Aff Link Showing As Indexed Page

Michael

BuSo Pro
Degree
Just did a site:mydomain.com in Google and saw some weird shit.

One of the links indexed was a "page" from my site titled a product I reviewed recently. When you click the link, it just sends you to Amazon (with my aff ID).

I know of people who purposely have their indexed pages redirect to amazon when using dirty techniques like splogging/cloaking.

But I don't want to be apart of that crowd and seeing as this is something spammers heavily use, am I going to be ok and not get banned for some horseshit reason?

In Webmaster Tools (Search Console, whatever it's called) you can have those pages delisted from the SERPs.

You need to also make sure those links are set to rel="nofollow" and throw up a "noindex" meta header if possible.

This is why I use redirects. I can control it all with a 302 redirect, nofollow, and noindex. Then if I see problems in Google (which I have) I can have the entire subfolder delisted. It lasts 90 days I think. So then I'll occasionally recheck but I've never seen it pop back up after the first request.

Definitely take care of this pronto. This is a bannable offense. It's one of those "ignorance isn't an excuse" policies they have.

Whats the best way to preventative-check if this is showing up on another site without clicking every site:ex.com link?

Any idea why that would happen to his site?

In Webmaster Tools (Search Console, whatever it's called) you can have those pages delisted from the SERPs.

You need to also make sure those links are set to rel="nofollow" and throw up a "noindex" meta header if possible.

This is why I use redirects. I can control it all with a 302 redirect, nofollow, and noindex. Then if I see problems in Google (which I have) I can have the entire subfolder delisted. It lasts 90 days I think. So then I'll occasionally recheck but I've never seen it pop back up after the first request.

Definitely take care of this pronto. This is a bannable offense. It's one of those "ignorance isn't an excuse" policies they have.
Thanks a lot! No indexed all the links + removed them using GWT.

Also changed the redirects from 307 --> 302.

If it's on Wordpress you can use a plugin to manage your affiliate links so that it not only hides them as affiliate links to those who look close but you can also manage their index and follow settings.

Back