Shopify Optimisation

Degree
Its finally happening boys.... I'm adding Ecom to the mix. Send prayers.

Also - I was messing about with SamCart and find it buggy AF.

The current site I am observing uses Shopify pretty well but my spider sense tells me there is serious money being left on the table. They are just using basic theme with no integrations.

So my question is - what is everyones go to list of plugins for shopify?

I looked at shoptimized and it seems pretty good.

What are you guys using to max out follow up sequences, on site conversions, upsells, cross sells, abandoned carts, etc?

Bold upsell and ultimate upsell are great for aov increases.

VWO.

Split test your entire funnel relentlessly. Get in there, roll up those sleeves, and start making good split tests and let the data lead you to victory.

I start with front-end ad optimization and make things work with just that. Then i attack the presell page, then checkout, then product page and cart page last.

You can pay me later.

VWO.

Split test your entire funnel relentlessly. Get in there, roll up those sleeves, and start making good split tests and let the data lead you to victory.

I start with front-end ad optimization and make things work with just that. Then i attack the presell page, then checkout, then product page and cart page last.

You can pay me later.
Used it back in the day for flogs etc - did not realise they were now doing shopify.

I'll pay you when you give me your theme, plugin stack and optimization process and thats that.

I'm explaining the things you think are important (theme, plugins) pale in comparison to running split tests in VWO 24/7/365.

I 4x profit last year on one of my shopify projects running split tests 12-16 hours a day for 3-4 months straight. I didn't search out plugins or themes. I rolled up my sleeves and got in the weeds.

BTW you can use VWO for any platform--it's just what I've found works best after trying out some other CRO software. YMMV, as always.

I'm excited for ya!

My wife and I started a ecomm biz on shopify ~2 years ago and have had a lot of success. 200,000 customers. She's the face, spirit, and story of the brand. I'm the marketer.

The bigger value in ecomm is knowing WHAT to do. Plugins are just how to do it.

The biggest success factors with our biz:

-Good product-market fit tops everything else. Even a great product with a great promise and poor advertising can do well. Product-market fit, USP, the "why", your story, DO NOT sleep on doing this one the right way.

-Good advertising (99% of our biz based on ads FB in particular). I know this is an SEO forum but geez the power of FB ads can make you scale so hard so fast it makes you think "why become an expert in SEO" at all. A few months in we were doing a couple hundred sales per day. Google would still have its thumb up its ass at that point on a new domain.

-Email campaigns for newsletter + return customers (we use Klaviyo + email agency). We also use email to take surveys on our customers on how they feel about various things ---> use feedback for new products etc. In the end 30-40% of our revenue is return customers ---> much of this is from email marketing campaigns.

-SMS popup -- "get 10% off your first order" -----> ask for digits and constantly talk to your audience via SMS too. SMS is smackin' so hard for us. We get more from it and it's like 1/10 the size of our email list. We just started taking numbers 2 months ago (only 15,000 SMS #s) and it's already eclipsed email.

-Facebook Group ----> post-purchase checkout flow/SMS flow should include a FB group invite for your most enthusiastic buyers. We have a group with 12k members currently who are highly active and really connecting with each other. We consider this not only a place for our most enthusiastic members to congregate, but it also helps inform new customers on how cool we are. We put effort into providing guest speakers on various topics relevant to the niche. Lots of benefits have come from this.

Apps that help accomplish our needs:

-Klaviyo email
-SMS Attentive
-Post-purch products: Zipify checkouts
-Easy shopify lander software: Zipify Pages
-A/B Testing: Google optimize
-customer support: gorgias
-review app: Judge.me

I'm excited for ya!

My wife and I started a ecomm biz on shopify ~2 years ago and have had a lot of success. 200,000 customers. She's the face, spirit, and story of the brand. I'm the marketer.

The bigger value in ecomm is knowing WHAT to do. Plugins are just how to do it.

The biggest success factors with our biz:

-Good product-market fit tops everything else. Even a great product with a great promise and poor advertising can do well. Product-market fit, USP, the "why", your story, DO NOT sleep on doing this one the right way.

-Good advertising (99% of our biz based on ads FB in particular). I know this is an SEO forum but geez the power of FB ads can make you scale so hard so fast it makes you think "why become an expert in SEO" at all. A few months in we were doing a couple hundred sales per day. Google would still have its thumb up its ass at that point on a new domain.

-Email campaigns for newsletter + return customers (we use Klaviyo + email agency). We also use email to take surveys on our customers on how they feel about various things ---> use feedback for new products etc. In the end 30-40% of our revenue is return customers ---> much of this is from email marketing campaigns.

-SMS popup -- "get 10% off your first order" -----> ask for digits and constantly talk to your audience via SMS too. SMS is smackin' so hard for us. We get more from it and it's like 1/10 the size of our email list. We just started taking numbers 2 months ago (only 15,000 SMS #s) and it's already eclipsed email.

-Facebook Group ----> post-purchase checkout flow/SMS flow should include a FB group invite for your most enthusiastic buyers. We have a group with 12k members currently who are highly active and really connecting with each other. We consider this not only a place for our most enthusiastic members to congregate, but it also helps inform new customers on how cool we are. We put effort into providing guest speakers on various topics relevant to the niche. Lots of benefits have come from this.

Apps that help accomplish our needs:

-Klaviyo email
-SMS Attentive
-Post-purch products: Zipify checkouts
-Easy shopify lander software: Zipify Pages
-A/B Testing: Google optimize
-customer support: gorgias
-review app: Judge.me
This is the shit. Good job dude. I’ve been dying to get into sms. My products are super low cost but sell about 150 a day so it’s nice addition to display revs.
Im certain I can double the average order value with up sells and marketing to partials.
For all my fans - this is part of my major new project which I have just dropped mid 6 figures on....buying an old messy site with crappy monetisation....oh my.....

So a follow up on my shopify journey...

By using a skip to checkout step I have moved the CR from around 3% to 5% in a day - good times.

However... I am aiming for 10% CR. These are products priced around $3-$5 so they should be converting much higher - 10% cr is my minimum target with a stretch goal of 12-15%

Q for the shopify pros (@Zach ) etc.

When I skip to checkout I miss the opportunity to capture email addresses and to do upsells on "add to cart", I tested post cart via a pop and it was weak.

I know that email follow ups to partials will add about 5% onto the total cr but if I am skipping add to cart and going straight to checkout page where they either buy or they dont' without putting in text or email info then what is the best way to follow up with SMS or email.

This is fun and a nice change from SEO but I know I am rookie level right now and it burns knowing I should be looking at 300-500 sales a day...

Back