SERPWoo Podcast Anyone?

That outro music is awesome.

I did the same thing in my youthful days. I set up a table in my bedroom with baseball cards, toys, old video games, and actually had a store in my bedroom. Never took business to school though. Could have cleaned up with candy bars and what not.

The lesson of thinking forward about what could go wrong, with all the Amazon and Google info you mentioned is huge. ANY dependence on a 3rd party is an impending problem that will occur. You better know how to deal with it before it comes, not use their services, or be willing to strike while the iron is hot and not cry when it dries up.

Another great episode. Thanks for putting it together.

These are good man, sometimes its nice to hear someone rather than read. Keep it up!

Honestly? Who the f*ck cares in which form the content is presented. Be it a plain text, audio, infographic or video. I don't care. All that matters to me is the message. A Podcast is just a different medium of getting the content across.
Some people have to understand that the content won't get better by using "innovative" ways of getting the content in front of other people.
It's the same with all those wannabe Youtubers. Buying the newest 1200$ camera and a 300$ mic won't make your videos better.
Buying the latest and best SEO Tool isn't going to make you an Online Marketing Pro.
It never has and it never will.
Look at all those Vine stars that are being wiped out right now just because they thought it's fine to solely use this social network.

Focus on the core action and silence the noise.

You all are getting the 2nd edition before anyone else....

I enjoyed it. Your accent reminds me of some nearby relatives.

Speech was smooth and casual (as was the music), which made it super easy to listen to.

Doing this one a tad bit early, just for you folks at BuSo. It's not even on the blog yet.

Might be the last one I do early. Also, might go to a weekly format after this. Not sure....

Handling Money In Business & Life
Would be awesome if you could upload these onto another platform too that allows for playback control or just a straight download link. I always listen at 1.5x or faster so it seems so slow to me haha!

Another great podcast, liked it a lot. Gonna re-listen tonight and take some notes

Just listened to number 1. Great stuff! Have you considered putting this into iTunes podcasting?

Seems people are asking for this ( Prentzz and coopreme )

I'll look into another format, hopefully I can just take what I have and upload it without nothing special to handle.

Seems like iTunes has been requested a few times, so I will look into that

Reactions: Nat
I enjoyed this 3rd episode. It's insane that this topic is one of the most fundamental aspects of adult life, let alone business, and it's the one people screw up the most.

This was some very down to earth advice too. I like that you kept it realistic in terms of how much you can reasonably cut back while keeping your sanity, what you should and shouldn't account for in your savings, etc.

This could really be required listening in schools across the country. I like that BuSo shout out at the start too!

This is gold for anyone looking to get into PPC. People shoot themselves in the foot by running a campaign, seeing negative earnings, and quitting. Right after buying all of that valuable data that might have turned the campaign positive. I like the idea of spending a certain multiple of the value of a conversion or lifetime value. Knowing where to draw the line is as important as not quitting early.

Knowing how to trim demographics, times, platforms, etc... This is really all anyone needs to be a success, minus the cash to run the campaign. I'm being vague about the things I'm typing here because I don't want to summarize the podcast. You'll have to listen if you want the info. You should come out the other side infinitely more confident in how to pull off an Adwords campaign.

At some point Im gonna nail this audio podcast thing with the noise levels and settings.

This one didnt have a "hum" in the background, but it introduced a lot of high pitched mouth noises and such.

Almost there.

Loving the podcast! No nonsense and very helpful!

Man didn't know you did some podcasts, this was fun.

Pulled them up in Soundcloud, lined them up with my morning coffee.

I really liked your adwords podcast. A possible subject that I would be very intrested in is tracking, analytics and split testing. Different pro's and cons to Google analytics and affilaite trackers like cpv lab. Split testing using services like VWO.com or other options to do it.

images

I found your source for the into music.

I think I finally worked out all the kinks in the podcast audio.

Other people say it sounds good on a audio level and they can't hear the issues I hear. I'm not sure how to handle that. Do I keep it the way it is, or try to improve even on the 2% I feel like I need to.

I decided to crush that 2% even though it might not add a ton to the audio.

I finally got to the point where ( from what I head ) is like a underwater-y robotic artifact right when I am closing my words in the audio that I think was coming from doing too much noise reduction filtration.

Got it removed, I feel I did a win.

Now I gotta perfect my James Earl Jones and Barry White bass tones and I will be happy.

I listened to #5 and forgot to respond.

Without being specific about any one thing you said, the concept of trusting your intuition is huge. Not in any metaphysical sense but trusting your own brain to be making subconscious calculations non-stop and then sending you emotional and psychosomatic signal indicating what direction the answer is leading you.

Marketing and our entire entertainment complex is DESIGNED to get you to ignore your gut. It's designed to "gas light" you and undermine your sense of reality. What are you going to trust epistemologically? Your experiences and senses accumulated over your entire lifetime, or some sounds flopping out of some guru's meathole? Which really has your best interest in mind?

Great episode.

@eliquid, please send me the audio to the next episode before you launch it and let em put some of my music studio experience to the test. I've been recording and mixing for as long as I've been on the internet. If I can clean it up and enhance it, I can save a template or at least direct you on setting one up for whatever software you're using that should be largely set-and-forget if you record at the same volume every time in the same room.

No problem, Im using Audacity at the moment.

I think the issue was I was over doing the Noise Reduction settings because that was the only filter after I did it that caused what I heard as an artifact when I spoke.

Normally what I do is Noise Reduction to remove the "hum" or background noise from the audio ( by profiling the first 10 seconds of empty non-vocal recording ) and then I also run it on my "breath" that I hear/do right before I speak.

After that, I do a little compression, normalizing, and equalization

Since I've lowered the Noise Reduction settings.. that artifact is gone ( just got it to do it ).

But I'll send you my next Raw audio, along with a "finished" version of it, and screen shots of my settings in Audacity and the chain of events when I did it. I don't have a $400+ mic, just using a Blue Yeti ( non pro ) USB'd into my MacBook.

When I get there, I'll send over.

No problem, Im using Audacity at the moment.

When I get there, I'll send over.

I did a few udemy courses and followed the same exact steps, but found it very time consuming especially when each video is more than 5 minutes. I know your doing audio - not video here, but thought I let you know about screenflow. I started using that software instead of adobe products, cuz its cheaper and they let you upload automatically after your done recording, etc.. (Maybe it will save you time

Listened to this during a car trip the other day. Great as usual.

You asked for feedback. Time is valuable for me and I'm not one of those people who can multitask with a podcast. I'll either get nothin done or won't remember what you said. So the shorter the better, BUT I really like the biz idea at the end and the book at the beginning.

"If you want to increase your output you have to decrease your input."

That's how this starts and immediately resonated with me. I need to be scaling like no other and I'm having to close a lot of loops that I opened before while saying no to new ones. It's harder than you think, because stuff from the past comes back to bite you in the ass. Be careful what you say yes to at ANY time no matter how much time you have at that time...

I love the talk about not being able to help everyone. That's how we get screwed, because 90% of them are disingenuous and want a silver spoon. Even saying yes to our own family tends to be a screw job. No needs to be the default answer every time. There are rarely instances we should say yes, like a powerful person or a respectful person who's ready to pay for our time.

Back