SERPWoo Podcast Anyone?

eliquid

Digital Strategist
Degree
Yeah, so I'll admit it.

I hate writing. I hate it for many reasons.

I decided to do a podcast though. It will not be just about SEO stuff like how the blog is now, but the podcast will be posted on our blog.

It will be me mainly, but I'm open to having guests on the show. ( come on guys, I need some help.. lol )

Just audio only, video on Skype has caused some issues on past guests.

I'm gonna to be talking a lot about business, some about productivity, some about PPC, and I am going to be giving away business ideas left and right at the end of every episode too that just might blow your mind and cause your pockets to get fat.

So, who's down?

Last edited:
That's a great idea. I would like to hear some CCarter's rumblings as well. Maybe you would have to limit the time each of you have voice, other ways if CCarter speaks as he writes, he will probably dominate entire podcast :smile: BTW, I like his posts a lot.

Unfortunately I'm too short to be one of guest speakers (maybe in next edition after one year :wink: ). The only thing that I could talk about possibly, is impact of early morning weight lifting and exercising on brain efficiency during the day LOL.

Sounds like a great idea, will it be distributed on itunes?

I will listen to it. You probably already have it, but get a decent mic (any 80$ table mic is good on Amazon) . I don't listen to many podcast for this reason

I'll definitely be tuning in. @eliquid, saw a podcast you were in on some other site awhile ago (might have been a year or two, I forget). Picked up some golden nuggets from it, to be sure. I especially liked the process you broke down in terms of planning and attempting to schedule work efforts out. It was something along the lines of first writing down 12 goals. Now you have your "year". Then for each of those goals, write down 4 efforts necessary to achieve the goal. Now you have your weeks of the month. Then, 7 tasks for each of those 4 main efforts. Now you have your week. Now start doing them. Ahead on your timeline? Shift the schedule. So maybe your 12 month plan, you find, can probably be completed in more like 6 months. Great! Either way, you have a plan and are working your plan...

I don't know if I'm remembering that correctly, I just remember the manner in which you described it was clear, concise, and a golden nugget of productivity to be sure.

Found it and watching again, since I remember really enjoying it:

http://eventualmillionaire.com/jasonbrown/

Here's a content idea and subject that just popped into my mind: Mentorship

Namely, advice on how people can identify legitimate opportunities for mentorship. Being the digital marketing world (or even general business), in a den of vipers....how does one decipher between friend or foe? If there's one thing I've found (and continually look for opportunities with) it's that finding a good mentor, and being open and receptive to their guidance, has the potential to significantly accelerate someone's path to success if they choose to fully utilize that opportunity.

On the flip side, how can a person identify junior peers that may be receptive, and potentially create mentorship opportunities for them? This also has the potential to further grow certain skills for the mentor as well, of course.

Also, one other: Fighting Distraction

I would say that's probably one of the largest battles most people face these days (I know it is for me), so any golden nuggets there or personal examples are always extremely useful for pretty much everyone.

#1: Why Some Make The Jump And Others Don't
https://www.serpwoo.com/blog/podcasts/why-some-make-the-jump/

This rocks. I'm not even all the way through but it got me so hype I had to start conversation about it.

This segment about the insanity of people thinking day jobs are secure, stable, and provide freedom... so true. You have zero freedom for the same instability of working for yourself. You literally have to ask another man when you get out of bed, go to sleep, have a day off, take a vacation, etc. It's so crazy.

No interviews, no social media stalking, no background checks, no drug tests, no living most of your life in a cubicle... you can work on the beach if you work for yourself.

How is another person's business any more "certain" than your own? It's not. Everything leads back to someone running a business. Might as well be you. MAKE THE JUMP!

Awesome job on the podcast. Great idea about the 2 hour window. And the towing thing is a fantastic idea. If someone here jumps on it would be awesome if they created a journal so we could follow their progress.

I was about to post the podcast here and it looks like you guys beat me to it!

Good problem to have though knowing that others liked it enough to post it for me before I could.

I got a lot more ideas and more stuff coming. It's actually already done, but I need to spread things out so I don't get "burn out" and stressed about coming up with new material left and right every day.

BTW, the new Blue Yeti mic doesn't kick in until Episode 4 or 5... just hang in there if you think the audio is low quality...

Hopefully more to come, I like listening to podcasts while I work. Its also nice knowing the advice is coming from someone who has accomplished something vs some "marketing guru"

Last edited:
Thank you Jason. This was the reality check I really needed today, especially after the day/week I've had.

Jason, that podcast was awesome.

Looking forward to the next one.

listened to it again today. Awesome stuff

Really enjoyed listening to the podcast, looking forward to more episodes :D

All that post from Ryan says is ( in summary )

• Don't start a podcast because everyone else is doing it and it's trendy.
  • Also don't start one unless you are going to revolutionize what you are doing in pod casting ( so it's not boring or low quality ).
  • It also mentioned to go whole ass in it, and not half ass.

I didn't start pod casting to be trendy. If that was the case, I would have done it years ago. I didn't start one because anyone else did it.

I actually started one years after it was hot because I hate to write, but I love to help. Audio seemed to work out best for that.

Also, I do offer something a bit different. If you haven't listened, then I guess you don't know. I'm still working it out though, fumbling through it kinda like how you are fumbling through building an authority site which is kinda like the trendy thing to do atm, am i right?

The trendy thing right now is Snapchat, Facebook Live, and Periscope ( not really anymore though ).

So since what Ryan says is how you feel and you felt the need to post it here for some attention. Let me give you some loving attention...

1. I don't care what Ryan has to say. He is the new trend-y. I make up my own mind, not follow what others say for me.
2. Ironically my podcast was about this subject actually when you think about it ( staying away from the trend )
3. I don't half ass anything. I might have just started this, but it's not half ass. gotta work the kinks out. If I was at podcast 76 and it sucked then I would consider it half ass. Not at #2
4. Isn't posting income reports "trendy" brah?
5. You started your authority site study in Dec 2014. Its almost Dec 2016. In 2 years you are only making $1200 a month on it? Isn't that half ass? What have you been doing bro?​

I'm gonna stop there. I don't want to sink to a new low yet.

Point of the post:
I care enough of what you think to respond to this post so you can learn a little something if you are level headed and keep your cool and see how people in glass houses shouldn't lob stones.

However, I don't care enough of what you think to go any further with it in this post.

Be on the look out for Podcast #3, its a boring one too chuck full of half-ass-ness!

Back