SERP Dominance + Open Source CMS For Custom Ecom Platform

Dreo

BuSo Pro
Degree
One of our companies sells high-value digital products through our main brand's website, but these products can be narrowed down into groups based on specific criteria such as region (Los Angeles, NYC, Chicago, etc...).

We are looking to create additional sites dedicated to the products in the specific regions (eg: LosAngelesWidgets.com, NYCWidgets.com, ChicagoWidgets.com, etc...) to not only control more spots in the SERPs, but to also hand these sites off to re-sellers/partners to promote.

We have a custom built API that will feed the product data into the store dynamically, but I'd like to be able to use different themes, easily adjust elements across the sites, and add/edit content. On some sites, there will be over 100k products so using something like Wordpress won't cut it (I think). I've come across https://www.concrete5.org/ and https://www.silverstripe.org/ which seem to have a decent following.

Has anyone worked with these or any other CMS? If there is a lightweight CMS that can be hacked together with Angular/Bootstrap on the front-end, that can also work.

Once the development side is covered, we obviously need to protect ourselves and not look bad in the eyes of Google. What other steps should be covered besides these?
  • Different domain registrars
  • Different whois
  • Different themes and possibly no common footprints
  • No Google fonts/analytics/etc... what else from G should i keep off the site?
  • No links to/from our main website

Also, i am considering using a cart software as well like OpenCart + custom development.

Have you considered Wordpress Multisite?
It's what Wordpress.com uses for it's Web 2.0 structure. I've not used it myself but I know you can manage multiple sites from one Dashboard as the administrator. Then you can still let others log into each site itself.

I don't think you need to go to all of these lengths to hide the connection between the sites if you aren't using them to cheat. Lot's of companies build sites like this and interlink them all with dofollow in the footer with no issues.

why not pico with different themes?

make a simple plugin to import from your main site

Back