Selling My Site [Advice Thread]

Degree
So I am quadrupling down on advice I have gotten here and I am selling off 3 out of 4 of my sites and moving to South America. Rather than (or in addition to) listing the sites on a third party listing site like Flippa, I want to sell the properties directly to my competitors.

Could I get some advice from those of you who have sold sites? Are there third party platforms you all trust to sell sites? How about appealing to competitors? If one of your competitors approached you to sell, what appeals would interest you?

Thanks in advance Gents (and ladies!)

For context, here is some SEMRush info on one of the sites I am selling. It has some potential, but I am torn as to whether I should sell or invest more time in it.
Thanks for the reply! Here is some info on the site taken from SEMRush

I've sold with FE International and Flippa. Empire Flippers is obviously trustworthy but I've not personally worked with them. If your site is not high-earning, they might be the better choice for you.

I think it's all about sweetening the deal, and since you're selling the site anyways you won't need it's satellite assets. So what kind of social media, forum, and web 2.0 accounts can you pass along? Are there any glaring issues that need polishing on them or on the site that you can fix?

It's like cleaning your bathroom before company arrives, or washing your car before trying to sell it. Put your best face forward.

Also, depending on who you sell with, your valuation will be determined on a rolling monthly multiplier. So if one of the sites just tacked on an extra $500 a month, it'll be worth waiting 3 to 6 months (depending on the marketplace and buyers) to roll that up into the valuation, which will vary from 18x up to 36x the monthly profit on the extreme low and high ends of things.

From the buyer's perspective, @Ryuzaki is correct. Dont' try to make it look better than it is, but see the entirety of the site's potential and sell them on that to get the highest multiple you can get.

The only real social investment I have made is Twitter (because I actually like the platform). I cultivated 15k real followers who are active in my niche (proof below). Email list is something like 4k, 400 on insta and 2k on Facebook.

Back