Selling my first big site...

Degree
No need for insults or snarky comments here. Im asking because I really dont know how to go ahead,

Selling my 'big' site from back in 2017 (thread). It has

15k Youtube subs
23k Twitter subs
>2k IG subs
$500+ In Patreon
$1k on autopilot monthly via Adsense + Amazon + Misc
about 500 posts
11k email subs

Problem - Its in a niche targeting a small group of Americans with topics that most would rather not touch.

Question - Should I chop this sale up into pieces, or try to sell the whole package at once? Im 100% sure Im ready to sell, Im just not sure someone would want the headache of fixing the issues under the hood.

Any legit responses would help.

Seems like with that many subs and such it should be interesting for someone in your niche?

If you don't think it will sell at a marketplace, you can always try reaching out to the top 3 competitors in your niche. Might sell for less, but you might be spared a lot of hassle with documentation and due dilligence.

Considering the problem, it might be difficult selling the site without a broker. It's better if you reach out to well known brokers for an evaluation.

Selling the whole package will be ideal as the niche is small.

Selling the whole package will be ideal as the niche is small.
I agree, it also forces the buyer to take on the "value" of the social media accounts even if they don't want them. If you break it apart, you're going to be left with the crumbs you don't want and can't monetize. As a package you can offload them and get money for them or use them as a "bonus" to sweeten the deal.

Yeah. There isn’t any point to breaking things up. All you would do is wipe out any strategic synergy value.

Sounds like it’s worth ballpark 50k - what ever adjustment for the niche being awkward.

Something to remind the buyer is that all of the YouTube (and social media) content can be outsourced (if they're concerned about the workload).

Agree i'd reach out to empire flippers, quiet light, etc... and ask them for their opinion/valuation. In the meantime start documenting your processes with SOP's and get an actuall P&L in place. You want to standardize it as much as possible if you really want to sell it. A new potential owner needs to understand it quickly... understand how they could step in and run the thing, what revenue is on the table, what costs are there (hosting, content, whatever costs you have...). The better of a job you do at this the easier it will be to sell. The brokerages can help with this but you will still need to get them the raw data.

Back