Season #1 - La Fin

CCarter

Final Boss ®
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Digital Strategist
Degree
eBHNDiJ.gif

Alright guys, it's time to wrap up the official bootcamp. It's been a great run and tons of people generated a lot of traffic - numbers are over hundreds of thousands, so it's crazy what was achieved here. As with anything in life there were failures as well.

No one lost - either you won or you learned.

I personally learned a lot about myself. I realized my ambitions sometimes shine a bit too bright that it stagnates people. Maybe people just can't grind 10-18+ hours a day on a project - that's okay. I think everyone learned a lot about themselves personally, and most importantly people in the audience learned what was possible. @built is one of the shining beacons of pure grind that amazes me to even watch his hustle. I hope he keeps going on cause people are rooting for him, I will be one of them.

One think I will say is if you aren't really hungry, like really want it bad enough, you'll make every excuse up to not get work done. And unfortunately we've seen that here. I've had ups and downs in my life, I still go through them every day but I have goals that I want to achieve and in order to achieve them I have to get through the fog that exists in front of me. People have to learn how to persist even when all odds are against you, cause that's how you truly succeed.

The traffic is out there - as you can see anyone can come and take it, the question you have to ask yourself is - are you going to take it while it's easy as hell to get right now, or wait on the sidelines forever. Anyone can setup a 5 page Wordpress site, then generate 5000 visitors in a day, hell even in a week if you have to. The purpose of the bootcamp was to do one thing - generate traffic, what you do afterwards, monetizing is on you, there are threads about that. Creating a website, getting it "SEOed" and user friendly, there are threads about it, rarely though have there been topics on generating non-traditional traffic, and that's what we wanted to focus on here. We came, we saw, some of us conquered, some failed, but we all learned.

Next time - if there is a next time, I would have a bit more structure and a way shorter timeframe, 2-4 weeks max. Our original ending goal at the beginning of March was overshot, but might have been a bit too long to be honest. Using the base created in Season #1, there is a ton of potential.

The one thing to take away - grind, grind, and keep grinding, but when you are grinding make sure you are grinding on generating traffic, cause that's where the money comes from. "A good plan violently executed is better than a perfect plan."

There is a quote from Robert Greene that talks about not waiting till perfection, I don't recall the exact book, but he stated when you are "almost ready" and or "almost perfected" simply launch, the fact that there is still a piece of it not perfect but it's launched will create a sense of urgency needed to complete it. Nothing will ever be picture perfect, nor will the stars align. The most important thing is to just do it NOW, and even if you stumble out of the gate, you are still closer to your goal than when you are waiting for "all the content to be done", or the design to be perfect.

Remember the classic excuse "I'm going to start generating traffic, but first let me implement a new design." <- avoid that shit like the plague. Just generate traffic, the design, content, or project is never going to be perfect, and even if it is your users will ask for changes, or mods, so that picture perfect scenario will change since this is the internet after all.

I remember this one dude Jhoffy said in a chat I was in that reflected a mental thought pattern I was trying to pin down but couldn't get. He stated to someone - "Cause we hustle harder than you and you're just a number..."

To add to that as Jay-Z said in his "No Hook" song:

I got the rain our direction'll soon change
To live and die in N.Y. in the hustle game
Hustle cane, hustle clothes or hustle music
But hustle hard in any hustle that you pick

Hustle hard at whatever you choose, if you are going to put in 10+ hours a day at something, you'll have to enjoy it at some level. If not, you'll give up quickly. With that said - thanks everyone for participating!

And don't forget the greatest marketing lesson:

qDa4E.jpg

This was a huge undertaking for everyone involved, and a really interesting process from start to finish. Props to everyone who participated, and I'm still in awe of @CCarter for putting this together, and very grateful that he allowed us to host it here at BuSo.

Some people's journeys ended earlier than others, but knowing when to end a project is important and more of a learning experience than continuing to spin your tires. "No one lost - either you won or you learned." I like that.

There were days of extreme joy and accomplishment, days of frustration and wanting to give up, tough love, sacrifice, and ultimately I think everyone's sword is sharper for having participated in this Boot Camp. I know that we learned a lot by hosting it too, and we will be able to implement those things into future BuSo Boot Camps.

As we wrap things up, I just want to say thanks again to everyone who watched and participated.

Maybe you could do a recap or before/after post in this thread off all the chosen ones progress. And yeah, although I wasn't among the chosen ones it sure was exciting to read your threads and follow your progress. So thanks to all involved for putting all this together!

Thanks for the case study guys. There are a lot of takeaways in these threads.
The common lesson here is that you can gain a lot more with interacting with people, even with fake personas, than waiting for the SEO game of Unforeseen Consequences.
Do you plan on making the private dojo section public?

A big thank you to @CCarter, @MetaData, and @emp. I learned a lot from this and am still learning as I experiment with different things. I'm growing in a completely different direction and I never could have done it so quickly without the lessons and support.

Indeed, it was all about traffic and execution.

As I was presenting the boot camp to some friends, it was also a survival, a good limits test for everyone. Now these limits are expanded and it just feels good.

For some if us it's now spring, temptations are literally everywhere.
We need to stay calm and keep grinding towards the full life where only love and joy reigns.

Besides all else, for me it was also a source of inspiration and entertainment at the same time.

I had a nice meeting with a cute creature some hours ago. One of the stories I told her was that some months ago I've entered the internet marketing survivor and almost survived.

Last edited:
Back