Search Console and Analytics - Expired Domains

Degree
I know a lot of people in the past that have steered away from GSC and GA for one reason or another. I'm wondering if anyone here, especially @Ryuzaki or maybe thinks that there is something to worry about or not. Just curious overall. Especially with expired domains.

I believe there's zero reason to not use Search Console or Google Analytics with an expired domain. In fact, you should at least Search Console so you can discover if there's any manual penalties in place. That's the only place you can find out. The worst thing you want to do is be years down the road and realize the domain has a big issue. I've actually bought expired domains and found they had penalties from crap like cloaking type-in traffic to pharma offers, and Google lifted the penalty in like 48 hours of me explaining the situation.

But no, unless you're creating a PBN or anything of that nature that breaks the rules, I not only do not recommend avoiding these services, but I wholeheartedly recommend actively using them. Search Console is a must-have for the indexation, usability, core web vitals, crawl stats, and other info they provide.

Thank you for the feedback! I’ll definitely roll with this exact advice and add gsc ga. :smile:

Back