Say Hello to Your New Friends: The Grind, the Suck and The Hustle

Anyone need to borrow some earplugs or do y'all prefer to just stick your fingers in yours ears and yell "ICANTHEARYOUICANTHEARYOU!!!" A video about personal branding from a guy that EVERYONE knows... yeah there's no way he's got anything to say that's worth hearing... ignore the rest of the thread, too, it's not like emp has anything good to say either (Sarcasm.)

RIP poor thread, you deserved better.

A guy I chat with started his own site on mobile phones. Fiercely competitive niche, and at first thought, no chance in hell.

Fast forward to now – he supports not only himself and his family but three employees as well with that site.

How did he do it?

Keep in mind, he started the site from scratch.

He got a fresh domain, a wordpress theme, bought a logo and went to town.

For the first months, he was doing this thing solo. He literally wrote 400 articles in the first three months. He bootstrapped the forum on his site and hustled, hustled, hustled.

Of course the thing has evolved, with writers taken on board, and users filling the forum with content… but I know the guy is still hustling hard.

What does this mean for you?
You will get there, but only of you persist.

Love this bit. Emp, if you ever visit again, do share how the guy's site is doing. I'd like to think someone with that kind of hustle has survived the huge shifts in IM over the last few years.

Back