Roll Call: Who's Grinding Late on a Saturday Night? (Aussies, You Can't Fool Me)

Ryuzaki

女性以上のお金
Staff member
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
Here I am, trying to create a Wordpress shortcode to include a sidebar file that includes another php file that has a shortcode in it and includes another php file that has a shortcode in it.

Despite the nested nonsense, I'm sure I have it set up correctly. I'm beating my head against the wall because the shortcodes aren't executing, they're just returning the name of the shortcode like [shortcode].

Then it occurs to me 2 hours later, after trying like 5 other methods and retyping the original over and over, that I have the line that includes a different php file that contains the shortcodes commented out so the display ads don't load on the staging server. I uncomment it and it works... :(

To make matters worse, 3 minutes later I found a solution where I didn't need to do any of that. I found a way to simply include the original file that contains all the other files and shortcodes and it worked. 30 lines of nutty code dropped down to 5 without having to change my other files.

That did me in. Time to close the browsers and watch a movie.

SmokeTree

Developer/Linux Consultant
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
So, today's my birthday. What better way to give it a good start than to do my 3 favorite things - Coding, messing with Linux and playing music (not all at the same time). Birthdays lead to very unsettling feelings for me. That clock just keeps ticking, the years pass by like days and I realize more than ever how much time is against us all like some unmovable force we can't see but we can sure feel the effects and gravitational pull.

I guess things aren't all that bad. I've been talking with a couple of new clients and have possible JVs lined up. I realize that I can't keep doing everything myself and now is the time to seek partners who can do the things I don't like or really want to do anymore. My talents and passions are code and Linux. I can put a ton of firepower behind the right person/people. I didn't dedicate over 30 years of my life learning various programming langs/patterns and honing my Linux skills to be mediocre. . .

So, yeah. Lots to think about and lots of work to do in the next few years so I can be where I want to be financially before I'm too tired to keep up the pace this lifestyle requires.