RIP PR

This is a huge opportunity for guys like Ahrefs, Majestic, (and OpenSiteExplorer if Moz chooses to get it's act together).

He who creates the most accurate metric will get the most money. It's not just having a huge index of links and shares and things like that, but it's about accurately assessing the impact of that data. And you don't need a ton of it to pull this off correctly.

Also, if someone were to not even maintain an index and were to create a metric based on an equation being fed by other company's metrics... you could get it done without even having expenses. And unless these other companies decide to kill their API's (they won't)...

The majority of "SEO's" are looking for a heuristic, a shortcut to doing real work. And that's what this metric would be. Currently, if you ask me, Majestic is winning that battle. But with what I just typed above, anybody could swoop in and stake the claim, and now is the prime time. Someone who's already got the reach, influence, and the data on hand... the hero we need and deserve...

VJFJ2u1.jpg

This is a huge opportunity for guys like Ahrefs, Majestic, (and OpenSiteExplorer if Moz chooses to get it's act together).

It wouldn't even be that bad. I'd rock Eigen Trust with some bayesian inference and be done with it. I'm free later this week, who wants do do this with me? :D

Maybe with PR officially dead it will motivate the other stubborn "SEOs" to move on to a real metric like ROI. Ha.

PR dead, majestic limit 2-3 pages unregistered user, semrush same, Ahrefs zero access.

The hurdle to even understand SEO is so high now that it's a great time to be alive. :smile:

Back