Removing my competitors Wiki links and replaced with my own?

built

//
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Degree
Thoughts?

I know it seems that the stick rate of these Wikipedia links aren't too great but if it puts me at an advantage then its worth a try

An alternative that I do:
  • Find deadlinks on relevant pages in wikipedia.
  • Find the original content from archive.org.
  • Put old content on our site and link to our site on wikipedia.
I usually edit the original content so it fits my site.

The move would be to remove their link from one page, wait a few days and add yours to a different page. Or you could skip removing their link and just drop yours. Do unto others... like others said, I wouldn't want to start a war when everyone is peacefully competing.

No need to trip the guy in the next lane when you can just run faster and still win.

@Concept has the best method though. Free content that you know is worthy. Slightly rewrite and add stuff to beef it up. Guaranteed win with no risk.

Sure, why not. A little unethical? Sure. Is it going to ruin their business? No.

An alternative that I do:
  • Find deadlinks on relevant pages in wikipedia.
  • Find the original content from archive.org.
  • Put old content on our site and link to our site on wikipedia.
I usually edit the original content so it fits my site.

I would do a very similar thing with sites other than wikis.
1. Find a dead site in my vertical.
2. Find other sites linking to that site.
3. Reproduce old content and contact webmaster to update links. Usually 10-15% respond.

I'm just remembering how useful this was...brb.

Maybe you can edit this article and add your link without removing your competitor's one? But, if you think his link is inappropriate I mean like poor info etc. and you can improve article by editing it and including link to your content, I would do this.

Back