Reddit traffic leaking, when you get banned....

Degree
Tried out reddit traffic leaking. Worked pretty well considering how bad the article was and got about 500 visitors and around 60 clicks on my affiliate link which for a first go I was more then happy with, but then I received the dreaded message informing me I was banned.

This left me wondering what to do. This is a small niche and their are not many subreddits on this specific subject. They already know my website, so should I even attempt to try and make a new account and continue submitting or should I just move on?

make a new account, be more subtle next time.

Also - try other subreddits.

Infographic? Post it to r/infographics
Cool graph? r/dataisbeautiful
Runngin advice, but banned from r/running? Post it to r/fitness r/fitness30+ r/crossift

You can also point to another post in another subreddit, or link to imgur, where the image has your watermark, etc, etc...

::emp::

You need to adapt your approach to Reddit and, more specifically, the subreddit that you're using. The average user isn't your dumb clueless social media drone. They want real information and they want their community to remain as it is..... So, when you come in with your marketing click bait, your going to get banned.

Here is a good primer on the topic. It's pretty white hat, so don't expect anything that games the system:

http://www.nichepursuits.com/reddit-marketing/

The problem is SEOs go at Reddit with "manipulating the audience" in mind rather then educating, since they are so used to manipulating SEO metrics.

You have to wipe your mind clean of all those ideologies, and provide real substantial information, cause Redditors are a lot smarter then the average internet user. If you step back and think about it, Reddit is literally built to drive traffic to a site, or hold a discussion. So simply submitting a great article should generate you traffic - problem is most people are submitting bullshit fluff pieces and getting down voted.

One reason I talk about creating lists and top 10s - with Reddit I would add substantial data and facts - not buzzfeed like articles, but serious researched data, cause at the end of the day Reddit is built to have discussions on, Fluff pieces aren't going to get you anywhere - which is traditional SEO focused articles.

Back