Reddit kills their warrant canary

dresden

BuSo Pro
Degree
Reddit implented a warrant canary in their 2014 transparency report. Today, they released the 2015 report and the canary has been killed, meaning they've received a national security request in the past calendar year.

Does anyone know of any sites that've killed canaries? As far as I know this is the first major one. More to come, certainly.

nsa-spying-logo.png

Reddit is so infiltrated by the government and special interest groups that it's hardly useable, especially right now around US election time.

Hillary Clinton just had her Super PAC pay $1,000,000 to downvote and argue with supporters of Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders. That info leaked, and then about 2 or 3 days later they came in mass droves and it was completely obvious. The bad part is that almost every single subreddit doesn't allow you to call them out, which means Reddit themselves are getting some kind of paycheck from it too and issuing the directive above. Even the conspiracy subreddits don't allow you to call people out. Some supress the conversation under the guise of banning "concern trolling" but to anyone paying attention it's obvious whats going on.

I don't believe for one second that their canary removal represents their first request for info. It may not have been NSA but they'v been coughing up data on people since day one, I'm sure. not that I'm against it when you can build a case against someone out there harming people in a classic fashion. But the NSA and patriot act and all that is there simply to persecute civilians.

Back