Recommended Netflix Alternatives?

Degree
Gotten too old for Netflix. Old movies and uninspiring independent releases. I'm looking for an alternative.

Been thinking of getting Curiosity Stream but I'm not sure whether it's just a collection of docus or whether they update their library frequently.

Another option I've seen is Gaia.

What are you guys streaming? Recommendations!

Not sure where you are but we have Now TV here in the UK. It is mainstream stuff.

Youtube has tons of great documentaries if you dig in.

Been binging on YouTube docs for ages. I'm into spy games, war history, ancient civilizations.

I'm in Kenya..looking for anything that can be streamed online

a buddy told me to check out movieninja.io, there is a ton of new releases and stuff on there, not sure if its legal or not lol. but there is a ton of stuff on there in HD. The newer stuff like captain marvel and end game are poor quality but i guess after a cpl months it will be updated with an hd quality version.

Gaia was cool for a while if you're into spirituality, conspiracy, aliens, ancient civilizations, etc. I tapped out all I cared for in a couple months.

There's Shudder, the horror one. I've not tried it.

I used someone's Hulu for a couple nights last week. It blew my mind that they have commercials all throughout the shows. That was pretty much a no-go for me on ever subscribing.

There's a lot of good stuff on Youtube, documentaries in particular. I like the stuff by Graham Hancock on ancient archeology. I consider him 75% historical fact and 25% fictional speculation, which in combination with good production value, makes for some great Indiana Jones esque documentaries.

I just torrent movies I want onto a server that is running plex so I can watch things from any device. Every week or so I just pick some movies or shows I want to watch in the near future and put them onto the server

I have a similar setup. 30TB server running plex, sonarr, radarr and sabnzbd in docker containers. Pulls everything in from Usenet.

Traded plex accounts with some pals who have different tastes and I pretty much have access to anything I want.

It’s a good setup if you’re willing to put some time in.

I have a similar setup. 30TB server running plex, sonarr, radarr and sabnzbd in docker containers. Pulls everything in from Usenet.

It’s a good setup if you’re willing to put some time in.

Same except I don't use docker. Also running Headphones and of course VPN.

I'm basically OCD so everything needs to be renamed and foldered correctly.

What client are you using? I'm on Chromecast 1.0 with Android Plex app. It works alright but my server is low power (NAS with "performance" CPU, but it's still just a NAS). 1080p will stream until I end up with something crazy heavy or using a weird codec. 4K no chance.

Back