Recommend me Hosting

Degree
I have had enough of Liquidweb.

Constant down times are killing me so I want to move to a reliable hosting company. I am running a VPS.

Can someone recommend me rock solid hosting? The only catch is I need the new host to migrate my wp site over to the new hosting. I do not trust myself to do it properly without messing it up.

KnownHost. I've had them for 3 years. Usually, there was no need to open a ticket. When I had to open a ticket, a reply came within a few minutes (not kidding). Fast, reliable, professional, dedicated support. That's the shit.

I second that. Superb CS and they usually respond within 2 minutes

Does anyone have a recommendation for europe (germany)?

I know a lot of people talk down about the big players....but I've literally never had any issues with Hostgator or BlueHost. The worst issue I've had is maybe 5 minutes of downtime at 3am on a Sunday.

If you've enjoyed your experience on Builder Society, you'll be interested in knowing that we also use KnownHost. Can recommend them fully. Their servers are fully managed, so I'm sure you can get them to move your site over for you.

By the way, that's our aff link above. If you click through it, you can use the coupons:
  • BUSO15 (for a lifetime 15% off for a VPS-2 or higher)

• BUSOSSD (for a lifetime 10% off of any SSD VPS)
I'd choose your host based on quality over whether or not they are willing to move your site for you. I'm sure many of the members here would be willing to create a tutorial thread or even do it for you. That's the benefit of being a Builder.

I am on Dreamhost and looking to upgrade to a VPS soon (next week). I've always been happy with the service and because I have been such a long time customer, my hosting costs are very reasonable.

Anyone had exp with dreamhost and knownhost and have an opinion one way or the other?

Dreamhost has been utter shit for me.

Knownhost is sweet, a bit of a learning curve using their interface, though.

::emp::

Does anyone have a recommendation for europe (germany)?

I use Racksrv. A bit pricy but their customer service is amazing. Always get a ticket reply in minutes and they sort out any issues I have immediately. Never had any downtime with them either. Plus they are UK based and actually answer their phone.

I use Racksrv. A bit pricy but their customer service is amazing. Always get a ticket reply in minutes and they sort out any issues I have immediately. Never had any downtime with them either. Plus they are UK based and actually answer their phone.

Thanks, I might try them in the future.

Here are some I've tried so far (shared hosting):

Ehrenwert-it.de - Germany based, fast server & support (<15 min), would do again.
Thcservers.com - After I got moved to a server in my country the speed improved (it's ok but could be better), I sent like 6 Support tickets so far, and the response was always instant.

Moved my sites live on the new server. Really glad to be off the custom dreamhost panel. Such a pain to move it over compared to a cpanel to cpanel switch.

The new server is FAST. I cleaned my site and databases and I cannot believe I put up with Dreamhost for so long...

Knownhost is good, I have just moved over to them. Where I moved from is also good (webair), I simply got a better deal with the discount (lifetime :D). Webair support is on chat 24/7 and is awesome, so I'm still getting used to this waiting a couple of minutes thing lol.

As for Europe; why don't you just run you site through a CDN to make the delivery of your site to those European locations quicker?

Back