Recently Illegal - What now?

Sin

Degree
Hey everyone, I have an SEO kind of question for you guys.

I have a business in the electronic cigarette industry and since 26th of November 2015 electronic cigarettes are now illegal to be sold online and any positive attribution to an ecig brand or device you might receive a fine between 5k to 150k.

I have to shut down every page of my e-commerce website and information blog. I have to take down my Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, ect accounts.

The only thing I am allowed to maintain is a homepage with the Brand name, addresses of my stores and business time.

How would you guys keep the most SEO equity from my few dozen important pages and few hundreds ranking pages?

301 to a related product that is legal?

Open shop in another country?

Sell the site to a owner in a diff country?

::emp::

What country are you in?

Set up domicile in a different one. And keep on rolling.

That sucks. You can't move because you have your brick stores too.

Can you create an "affiliate program" and let someone outside of your country run it for you?

Sounds like you need Bitcoin.
Yes, I considered it for a moment.

That sucks. You can't move because you have your brick stores too.

Can you create an "affiliate program" and let someone outside of your country run it for you?
I will stay in business for brick and mortars. My sales will probably just increase in fact in store, but for the website I doubt having an affiliate is legal since I cannot have any affiliation.

My website is still useful to be found locally. Would 301 redirect to my homepage that is already ranking #1 for most terms locally be wise? I'd like to keep the most equity from my content for my local visibility.

I used to have a bit more e-cig clients still have a couple. Really we just pushed towards selling to other local vendors instead of through our site. So, a lot of scraping and then outreach. E-cig liquids became a lot more popular to push because of the small shelf room so these stores will take any liquids in their inventory.

I guess I'd 301 as much of it as I could to my homepage, and then either sell (and help competitors) or destroy the rest. That whole situation sucks.

I guess I'd 301 as much of it as I could to my homepage, and then either sell (and help competitors) or destroy the rest. That whole situation sucks.
Thanks.

Yes some mornings I am bummed, but at the same time I realize that I see competitors shut down website only stores, others that are probably so pissed that they closed doors the first week the law came in, some others in malls with the setups they have no way to do business since the way they are setup make it impossible to apply the law. The big guys with tones of money are now equal to us since they cannot use advertising, discounts, promotional stuff that were all possible from the deep pockets they built.

In the big picture, as we change our sales process to stay legal we will probably grow faster than we could before with less work than necessary while it wasn't regulated.

If at some point the Federal take the borders importation severely and make it illegal to purchase for B2C to purchase somewhere else and make it illegal to sell online for the whole Canada... it will be like having retail stores in the 90s.

Also, it seem legal to have a specialized magazine and also to use ecig ads in this magazine. So it may open a huge door if a digital version is possible.

I'm just interested in the topic... You have a link to anything about this newly passed law? Where are you located? I see nothing about it online after many Google searches....

Seconded. Where is the official documentation for this, and how are the big boys still business as usual? (vaporfi, giantvapes, etc... haven't taken their stock down)

Back