Ready to start my journey

Degree
Hey all, I've been lurking in the background for a while and am finally ready to start moving. I'm a licensed Life Coach with a solid expertise in my field and while I do alright for myself, I would like to supplement my income online.
What I have going for me:
  • I actually know what I'm talking about - I'm in the trenches, I deal with serious stuff every day, from manic depression to PTSD and actually help, unlike most self-help blogs.
  • I know how to write - I've written books before and know how to stay focused enough to get what I need to be done.
  • I know how to talk - I'm a good public speaker and present in front of crowds very often.
  • I have some web skills - I know a lot of the basics, like how to use wordpress toset up a website, set up email services and have some experts who can help me out
What I have going against me:
  • The industry - No joke the self-help industry is extremely tough to get into and starting from zero is going to be a tough climb
  • Digital marketing - Yeah, while I know the basicI, i don't have any experience in doing much of the web funnel stuff. I've never written an email, done any outreach or have know what needs to be written on a website to convert people. I know about 'lead magnets" "trip wires" and "content upgrades" but haven't done it yet.
  • Myself - I'm my own worst enemy sometimes. I'm definitely a perfectionist and will spend way too much time on stuff that other people should be doing.
I'll be starting the 30-day crash course soon. Wish me luck

A lot of this stuff you haven't done seems mysterious and difficult from a distance, but when you start toying with it you realize... this is nothing.

You know how to do outreach, it's the same as ordering a sandwich and small talking the Subway worker.

You know how to send an email... you keep it short and to the point like a business phone call with someone who's too busy for fluff.

It's all dead simple. Even once you've done it enough to have data so you can optimize your process, THAT'S simple too.

It's like trying to eat a cow in one bite versus eating smaller hamburgers one bite at a time until the cow is gone. Nobody is intimidated by a hamburger. One step at a time, while dealing with only the task in front of you will get you where you want to be. You don't necessarily need a bird's eye view just yet.

Good luck, stick to it and you'll win.

That's certainly a good way of looking at it. At the end of the day, tactics are just cogs on the wheel of building a brand. That's why I think the first few days are going to be the most crucial. I know that in order to succeed online I need to niche down and establish myself as an expert in one area, but I don't want my brand to about just one area.

Obviously, I'm the first person ever to have this issue.

I started my internet journey in 2012. With many starts and stumbles, I have been doing good for the last 3 years. You just have to weather the storm and begin to enjoy the fruits of your labor!

Not to mention, it sounds like you've got experience in the niche you're getting yourself into. So I'm sure that once you start going it will just start to flow naturally.

As a not very smart person that has made a lot of money off the Internet over the last 10 years, let me give you one piece of advice: do less talk/reading and more actual doing. Best of luck!

Thanks. For the encouragement.

So after going through day 2, it seems that I may have jumped the gun a little bit. There are a bunch of different angles and I actually think I found a really great one to jump into.

The only problem is that when I made my initial decision to get started I fell in love with a domain name that pretty general and moderately brandable. Now I'm regretting it and am not sure whether to take a step back and come up with a brand that more aligns with my idea or stick with the general one that only loosely ties with it

Back