Re-Learning the internet business world

GNews

White Hat Genius
BuSo Pro
Degree
I've been relearning the internet business world.

I used to do everything:
e-stores with drop ship
e-stores, home stocked
Adsense blogs
Commision/AMing

Now i'm coming back. I'm wondering what all has changed, while still maintaining my own business. I've been making good money so I didn't want to look away for a while but I think it's time.

I see Facebook fan pages are doing great numbers for some.... shock posts and viral traffic. Anyone here doing this for 4+ figures per month? Whats' the key to making posts go viral beyond 'boosts' ?

Are people still buying facebook accounts with a $1k+ ad limit? Was thinking of selling the two I have.

Any hot product coming up for christmas otherse might care to share?

I'm just trying to make Christmas and the new year move smooth. All info appreciated.

Salute!

Anyone here doing this for 4+ figures per month?

I know we have 4-figure a month bosses from Facebook alone, and even 5-figure bosses (per month). I'll let them out themselves if they choose to.

I wish I could personally say something about Facebook but it's a direction I've not gone yet. Not sure where you'd sell those accounts any more. Seems like FB might have clamped down on that a lot harder these days, but I'm sure it can be done.

FB treats me well, I'll rapid-fire a few pointers at you. I rarely use boosts, and rarely pay fb for traffic. These tips are in the context of using pages to send traffic to articles.

- You can get pages the same ways you find a place to live. You can build them, buy them, rent them...

- Maintaining the page is important. You see some massive pages posting articles every 10 minutes and getting almost no engagement ever.

- Ego and curiosity are two major forces at play. If you can inspire curiosity they'll click, and it's the ego that shares. Curiosity clicks, ego shares. It's not like SEO where people are looking for something and you're trying to be in the place that they look.

- People share things that they expect their friends to like because it reflects on them and the image they want to create for themselves, whether it's to be the first one to tell their circle about breaking news because they're the 'informed one', or for the sake of virtue signaling, or to enforce a bias they already have, or sometimes to be a contrarian.

- Your featured image and headline are your two best chances to inspire the curiosity. Don't use really stock looking photos as a rule of thumb, but figure out what works best for your niche/audience. You might have some beautiful professional photo of a landscape for an article about saving the environment, but is it going to make people curious enough to click? The combo between the headline and the image is super important, put thought into it.

- On the timeline battlefield you're competing with everything from their favorite artists, to a highschool crush that went off the rails, to a person's newborn niece.

- It's not clickbait if the content delivers (imo).

- I like to create content that appeals to the core audience of the page, but that also has an element of mass appeal to it. This way, the page's core fans will engage with the post, and when it starts to creep into their friend's timelines, those friends (Who may not be interested in the main topic) are still curious enough to click.

- You can also create content that fits on your site, but also speaks to a different audience. If you have a site about baking but a fanpage about Star Wars, do an article about Star Wars cakes.

- Optimization is HUGE when you're playing this game. Some quick math: You post an article and get 10k clicks and everybody bounces. At a $2 RPM, you've just made $20 and it sucks and you want to give up because it's not worth it at all and you feel like you should be making way more than $20 off 10k visitors. But if you paginate effectively (I'm talking like 2 or 3 pages, not 20, also there's a bit more to this that most people miss, some subtle things make a huge difference, PM me if you'd like), that same 10k clicks is now giving you 25k pageviews. Now you're at $50 and things are looking up. Optimize your ads and get $4 RPM and your 10k clicks are now worth $100. $4 rpm is realistic, at least for my niche right now. One post a day, you're at 3k/mo. Not all of your posts are going to perform the same, but once you're dialed in you can get pretty consistent on the low end, with big pops when things really hit and have that crossover appeal.

- RPMs have been lower, FB reach gets frustrating, but if you're maintaining and growing the page well, you can more or less keep up with it by growing your audience.

- Make sure your posts to FB look good on desktop, mobile, tablet (You want your featured images to show up fullsize, not a thumbnail). Make sure you remove the URL after you've pasted it in and replace it with some text (Your 3rd shot at curiosity after the headline and the image.) That text area at the top is a good place to ask a question.

That's all I've got right now, will update if anything else comes to mind.

Back