Ransom email about spam removal! WTF lol

shiftymcnab

BuSo Pro
Degree
If I've posted this on the wrong section please move and call me a noober!

So, anyway, i got home to find the below in one of my sites mail box. Cant find the user so i assume its the account is banned already..

I send spam backlinks to your website and now I request that you order my gigs to remove them. If you do not order, I send more spam backlinks to destroy your site. You understand me? Please order now from https:// www fiverr com / djmirang and let's be friends. Friend, you need to learn to support each other. $100 is nothing to you but I need feed family. Thank you for understanding. Order now https:// www . fiverr . com / djmirang

I've broken the URL so no link recognition.

So, if i find spam links in the next day or so would A) the email be enough along with disavow to get G to ignore them and not slap me with a penalty.. Should i report it before they show up or just ignore and disavow?

has anyone else received similar or have i pissed on someones cornflakes? :confused::cool:

Last edited:
"The user account you are looking for is no longer available." Interesting marketing strategy nonetheless :D

If he sends spam links write him a mail saying thank you, since google isn't demoting sites with spam links and therefore making them pretty useless as a negative seo attack, at worst google will ignore them and your site will experiance nothing from it in the serps, at best your site might get promoted in serps. So if he should send them do not use disavow and just lol at him for sending you links for free LOL

I was hoping it’s because I’m knocking down someone’s castle and they’re a tad upset. :wink:

I got another one just now on the same site from another fiverr account, which has also been removed already.

Next they will be offering bester internet service providings or asking for my bank details to give me da monies.

I got this too. The exact one. I just ignored it. I update my Disavow monthly, so I'm not concerned.

Almost certainly a rival fiverr seller found a novel way to kill their competitors.
It was a big mailshot, all over various marketing FB groups. Worrying tactic that could easily be used against other marketplaces.

I highly doubt there was ever any bad links created, but to address the "negative SEO doesn't work" line, you can only believe that if you also believe anchor text over optimization isn't a thing...

to address the "negative SEO doesn't work" line, you can only believe that if you also believe anchor text over optimization isn't a thing...

Everyone who says negative SEO doesn't exist also won't spam their sites to prove it. Meanwhile, people spamming their sites are being hit with penalties and de-indexation. And webmasters are being spammed by others and losing their rankings. It exists, has for a long time. That's just mass spam.

It's not just mass spam either. It's messing up people's anchor ratios, using really obvious PBNs on them, adding and removing thousands of links, hacking and injecting crap to get them deindexed for hidden text, messing with their robots.txt or .htaccess, generating countless pages and screwing up their indexation, DDOS attacks, messing up nameservers and other txt records, and more.

Back