Ranking Social Media Pages, Then Using Them To Rank Media

GNews

White Hat Genius
BuSo Pro
Degree
Just wondering,

Anyone using this tactic?

I used to do this regularly. I still use reddit but i don't quite see that the same as private socal media profiles, though a sub reddit can be.

Twitter/IG/FB < do many use this as a method to rank ?

Does anyone know specifically which ranks faster if you have a popular individual post?

Do you mean growing a social media page, then posting media/articles/etc from your website to the social page, thus getting a boost in organic traffic on that article?

Or do you mean actually trying to rank the social media page for some terms?

If it's the former, yes, I do that every day with Facebook. I have 3 active FB pages that I post to each day driving traffic to my site, which in turn gives a temporary organic boost to the articles.

The latter, yes.

Ranking your social media page to use it to fill out google search . IE: Post your own product images, then shut down websites that use them, etc

I haven't seen Twitter / IG ranking for anything but brand name queries lately.

It's not super clear what you're trying to achieve here, but there are probably easier platforms for filling up the SERPs than TW/IG/FB.

It's not super clear what you're trying to achieve here, but there are probably easier platforms for filling up the SERPs than TW/IG/FB.

I agree. Social Media mainly only ranks for brand terms. What you can do @EyesExist is look up the concepts of Parasite SEO and Barnacle SEO, which are the same thing. Most SERPs want text, image, and video content.

To make this easy, you'd want to leech off of platforms with high authority that don't end up giving you a sub-domain. Finding the ones currently working is the challenge. SERPWoo has a blog post about finding the platforms that are killing it right now.

Sometimes it's stuff you'd never expect, like MyFitnessPal blogs. I once helped a lawyer make a fortune by ranking Vimeo pages with phone numbers and calls to action in the video descriptions. In your case, where it seems like you don't care if they're dofollow links (like linking to your own products or affiliate products) you'll have a lot more choices.

Back