Ranking for *new* Under-competitive Products

Degree
I've got a list of 5-10 brand new products that I am brand bidding on in Adwords and doing affiliate sales through. It's working nicely and products are so new so competitors don't even realize they exist.

These products are so new they would only barely show up in a lot of keyword tools.

I'm considering trying to rank some niche sites for these kinda queries in addition to paid efforts.

I have other projects in the works and I am looking for advice for what it'd look like to do some kinda low-energy quick launch to gauge effectiveness of this strategy. For paid ads, this is super low hanging fruit. For SEO, maybe?

Example -- how does this "quick launch" strategy look to you?

1. Buy BRANDNAMEkeyword.com
2. Write 5 pages about product (or less?)
3. Buy one of the link packages from the market with 100% branded/.com links

That to me is about 3 hours of time + $50-$100 on links. Given there's just nobody targeting this stuff as the products are so new -- how does this look? Would you do anything differently? I don't care about targeting non-branded KWs and all that hard work stuff, just looking to make a single-theme site that targets a brand name, or even steals brand signals cuz one doesn't exist but people are searching.

New domains, even if there is 0 competition take a while to rank.

If you have already aged site that's in that general niche like tech or home, you should be able to take advantage of it without ruining your aged site.

@Zach, I wouldn't start with a new domain either. I don't think you need some insanely valuable aged domain with links, but I'd get a domain with some age and links on it related to the general vertical of the products. You're looking for a quick launch where you can validate the sales (you've done that with the PPC already), so there's no reason to sit around on your thumb waiting for Google to un-throttle your rankings.

Bidding on brand terms is against most affiliate TOS right?

@DarkRed All depends on the product owner. Some don't care & take the stance of "I focus on product, everybody else does that marketing stuff."

I've got a list of 5-10 brand new products that I am brand bidding on in Adwords and doing affiliate sales through. It's working nicely and products are so new so competitors don't even realize they exist.

These products are so new they would only barely show up in a lot of keyword tools.

How did you find such products?

How did you find such products?

I am part of affiliate networks where my rep will tell me the products that are doing big numbers. These big numbers are usually display buys. Search will get ignored by some.

Then I'll look around in the SERPs for 'em n see if I can fill a gap.

Back