Ranking factors in instagram search?

Degree
Anyone knows how to come up first in IG for a search term?
I know for a fact people just put the search term in the account name and that's straighforward.

What about other factors such as:
- follower count (authority)
- likes/comments on photos (engagement)

Anyone have any insight on this?

Seems to be just the # of likes/comments on a photo.

All a numbers game; the highest without tripping a spam filter wins...

Seems to be just the # of likes/comments on a photo.

All a numbers game; the highest without tripping a spam filter wins...

No there's more to it than that.

It's like, you have to go up in search then other people have to like, comment, etc ... be active.. for it to stay.

With videos, def some sort of viewer retention formula involved i'm 99% sure.

Interesting. I'm trying to rank on top for the hastag, and just when people search the term in general

As far as I know, then main component in IG ranking is engagement at any form, follower count also plays role, but the engagement is the main factor. There are even so called ''engagement groups'' of people who comment on each others post, something like a Reddit upvote group.

As far as I know, then main component in IG ranking is engagement at any form, follower count also plays role, but the engagement is the main factor. There are even so called ''engagement groups'' of people who comment on each others post, something like a Reddit upvote group.

Yeah...
Social Media Mafias

The WEALTHY internet people.. almost always have these little mobs that have major influence on social media sites . I knew some from that reddit era..

I always wanted to form one but never had enough people to do it

Yeah...
Social Media Mafias

The WEALTHY internet people.. almost always have these little mobs that have major influence on social media sites . I knew some from that reddit era..

I always wanted to form one but never had enough people to do it

Hmm.. True.. I guess it's the same as any business. It's not what you know but who you know

Here's a message from an engagement group that I'm a part of about hitting the explore page:

To clear up your questions on the new Algorithm, our recent bot statistics report and intel from friends at IG Hq has informed us on the following:

1) The rate of demand supersedes the quality of likes you get from big following accounts.

2) The rate of engagement from your own percentage of followers still plays a big role in getting explore points.

3) New* To combat bot engagement, the new algorithm tracks on the activity of an account that is liking your profile. So we can confirm that high activity profiles who are liking your post, will create more impact on your account than those who are representing high amount of followers.

Here's a message from an engagement group that I'm a part of about hitting the explore page:

To clear up your questions on the new Algorithm, our recent bot statistics report and intel from friends at IG Hq has informed us on the following:

1) The rate of demand supersedes the quality of likes you get from big following accounts.

2) The rate of engagement from your own percentage of followers still plays a big role in getting explore points.

3) New* To combat bot engagement, the new algorithm tracks on the activity of an account that is liking your profile. So we can confirm that high activity profiles who are liking your post, will create more impact on your account than those who are representing high amount of followers.

Nice! For now I'm just going old school. Going to see customers and taking selfies with them plus paying bigger accounts to do shoutouts.

Back