Rank some keywords against a juggernaut

Degree
Last days, after researching back-links from probably the biggest group of websites in my vertical. I found out that they might be using some kind of botted PBN which is insane, and I think that I should be able to rank better than them on some keywords.

I've been looking for buying intent keywords, and in 90% of them this guys are ranking from 1-5. They are a group of a ton of different websites and different niches. But the thing is that on all of those websites, on the top nav they have links to all the 15+ websites that they have. So they interlink all of those 15+ websites between each other and is working great for them.

Apart from interlinking their "main" websites. They have a shit ton of "news" smaller websites, that basically look like a PBN. They make it look kind of legit, and even have some decent DR, like 20-40. But all the content is really similar between those smaller websites, sometimes even the same and with the same photos. In a lot of posts, you find broken html, broken images and links, but in all of those, they are all linking to those "main" huge websites. I didn't know that making this kinds of PBNs was still a thing, they just look a bit more like legit websites.

They have a lot of resources, all of those 15+ websites, have multiple daily posts, so they upload a ton of content daily. They might have even some investors on the group. They are huge websites with millions of views every month.

The thing is, should I try to outrank them? I mean big keywords. The only resources that I have right now is me so hahaha. What I'm thinking is about trying to rank for the smallest keywords, and once I start getting some money, start taking bigger parts of their cake.

Would it be too hard to rank with this kinds of back-links? They have some low DR links from that kind of PBN, some paid links on content from big media sites, some wikipedia links and a few small random blogs.

I wouldn't bother. I don't see the benefit unless you really know what you're doing and have the resources to take action.

The only play I see is banking on them getting smacked by Google. However, who knows when/if that will happen. If it happens, then can recreate the sites / network and be back up in a couple of months.

There's many niches out there with next to no competition. Start small and work your way up.

Back