Quotes and Sayings Site - Link Building to Inner Pages?

Degree
I have a quotes and sayings site with pretty good traffic. Some links are natural, some are PBNs.

The nature of a quotes site is, there is no contextual relevancy.

So the big keywords are like, Life QUotes, Love Quotes, Motivational Quotes, Inspirational Quotes, Funny quotes etc.

So making a page rank rank for Motivational Quotes rank and another page rank for Inspirational quotes is hard enough.

SO given the situation, how would you go about building links to the inner pages,

All the pages are quotes with a suffix.

Marriage Quotes, Friendship quotes, Goodbye quotes, Love quotes

I am not sure how to go about building authority link to these pages.
Due to the site already ranking, i do get random links from a random blog totally irrelevant.

Quotes are not quite relevant

The SERP also keeps changing, I think google is confused

Luckily I m either ranking for one or 2 of the big words most of the time.

i can get home page to rank, but how you go about creating links to the inner pages with such wide variety of topics.

I will update the thread with more ideas as I keep implementing

When people copy and paste from your website you can have the data insert a link to the original quote like "read more inspirational quotes from : https://www.example_com". I see that nonsense all the time, I delete it but simply googling that exact term show a lot of people do not.

Another thing is allowing your quotes to be shared on social platforms very very easily. Like straight up "Share on Twitter" with an easy button. Do you have those 2 tactics implemented on your site?

Yes. Been doing that for a long time. Those only generate irrelevant links, which is good for the site as whole, it being a generic site. I got images also also that can be copied with a link back. I have done random code generators, quote of the day etc in a ton of sites, even on some themes. But the inner pages are what i am trying to build. Lots of low hanging fruit. Even if I were to buy authority in content links. EG, I bought links on wedding websites witha quote and link back as source. But I need more ideas. Just looking for ideas.

Trying to think in terms of "niche" even though not really sa Niche

Personally, I never search for “motivational quotes”, but I do search for “Benjamin Franklin quotes” (insert any well known person).

Have you tried to add some relevant info about the person? Not sure if it would work, but if you add more biographical info than all the ranking sites you might rank well. However, you need to make sure the bio info doesn’t get in the way of the quotes since those are what people are there for.

Perhaps you can do an info graphic with the “most popular PERSON Quotes” after scraping the internet for data.

Sites where it's pretty difficult to attract links to inner pages can do a few different tactics that will help you achieve that goal and others.

Like @mikey3times said, you can take a page like "Wisdom Quotes" and then generate pages for each person: Socrates Quotes, Marcus Aurelius Quotes, Benjamin Franklin Quotes. You'll generate more traffic to those pages and have a better chance to get links to those since they're more specific, and then you can create exact match anchor internal links back to the big pages to boost them.

Another thing would be to build more links to the homepage. Not only will you flow more page rank into the inner pages but you'll also enhance your domain-level metrics, which are about as equally important as page-level metrics these days. With enough of that, you can rank with zero links for tons of keywords anyways, but this rising tide will lift all of your boats, too.

A big point of what I'm saying in the two paragraphs above is that you can tackle the big terms by working on more achievable terms, and this will keep you from spinning your wheels. You can continue seeing growth by publishing more and ranking for easier terms, all which can help you lock in the big terms and keep them. I'm saying to watch out for the danger of getting stuck and obsessed on the big terms when there's just as much volume to be had in other, easier keywords.

I understand this. I was more confused about Niche.
eg: Take a Mark Twain quotes. What is a relevant page that links to it?
What wuld be the spectrum of relevance.

A website About Mark twain, but being that I have hundreds of authors, it creates a finger print.

A blog talking about MArk Twain?

I am getting links wheerever I can but I am not sure hwo to build context or relevance. I want to get some very relevant links

I want to get some very relevant links

What’s the end goal of your website? Cause SEO just to do SEO is the blind leading the blind.

That answer will allow better direction.

Do you plan on an exit? If so what type?

The current goal is to increase traffic. This is a really generic traffic, so volume is important.

Haven't really thought of an exit plan for the short term, but in the long terms, for the right price, maybe yes.

Are you saying this because some types of links may not be "comfortable" to future buyers?

Are you saying this because some types of links may not be "comfortable" to future buyers?

No I am asking to understand “WHAT” do you plan on achieving. You are like a ship that’s floating in the ocean, and more links or SEO isn’t your problem.

You have no direction for the site, because you have no direction for your business. If you said my goal is to increase trafffic to 100k a month, then we can give you ideas that will help drive organic AND referring traffic. The referring traffic methods will yield you better SEO metrics than purely SEO tactics we can give you.

What is your overall strategy for the site? “Generic” means you’ll get bland generic seo advice which is why we are struggling to help you. It’s why we are struggling to come up with ideas, cause there is no center.

I would love to implement referring traffic ideas as well, and my goal is increased traffic. I have good social properties with active users and I am doing using some social traffic. I haven't implemented any of the traffic leaks because search traffic is pretty huge already. Social was, but no so much anymore.

Mostly I was out of ideas how to find/manufacture relevant links to the internal pages since I can't quote get what is a the context of a Alcohol quotes ?

Let us say Friendship Quotes which is a big traffic term. What kind of Page is relevant to it? What kind of domain is related to it? That is my specific question when I created this thread.

Not how to go about acquiring links, but nature of the Context.

What exactly does google see in a quotations site?

Let us say Friendship Quotes which is a big traffic term. What kind of Page is relevant to it? What kind of domain is related to it? That is my specific question when I created this thread.

For "Thomas Jefferson Quotes," pages about Thomas Jefferson, history, or anything he was involved in is relevant. For Motivation quotes, it's motivational and self-improvement sites. For business... For "Quotes from Jurassic Park" it's a movie site.

In your case I don't think there's going to be some broad, over-arching classification like "Arts & Entertainment > Acting > Broadway & Stage Performance." You've got a broad topic site. I'd look at each page and go from there.

Some, like "Friendship Quotes" is tricky. Take what you can get. Outreach should net you some dead-on target links. Just outreach to every site on the internet and pitch them a post on their topic, create a post on your site about their topic, and link back to it. You can create 100% perfectly relevant links this way.

Again though, they don't need to be perfectly relevant or even to the inner page. I'm telling you, like I mentioned above, most of these general topic sites live and breathe by their domain-wide metrics. A link should be a link, and take them from any decent site and aim them wherever you can aim them and do some interlinking. I'd go scorched earth, shotgun approach, wide net casting, and pull in any type of fish that's dumb enough to get caught in your net.

It's definitely a struggle, what you're describing. You need to be in a position where you can just publish and not worry about links. The way to get there is what I'm describing. Just have a boatload of links, even without regard to relevancy. I know you said you aren't asking about how to get links, but I'm stream-of-conciousness brain dumping for the readers:

If you want to pay someone, there's endless forums you can post images from and link back to your site from the image, as an image link. That will fly under 99% of the mods radar, especially if you prime the account. There's still dofollow forums out there too. Set up Web 2.0's if you need. Find any and every open-registration site and toss up a 300 word outsourced post. Pitch outreach like a mad-man. I'm sure you're already slamming social media, which can be automated with some tightly related hashtags. Make videos and put them on every video site. Get a 30 second jingle made and put it on audio sites. Make an infographic and get it on infographic sites. Enter your site into CSS galleries. Enter your logo into logo galleries. Reddit is a dead easy target. Image submission, drop the reference as a link in a comment ("I found this quote here if anyone is wondering: URL anchor link").

Are those great links? No, but when you add them together they can do some damage, and many can send some traffic.

Another thing to think about is improving monetization. If you can't boost traffic, you can milk more money out of the existing traffic. CPM ads are the obvious play.

For "Thomas Jefferson Quotes," pages about Thomas Jefferson, history, or anything he was involved in is relevant. For Motivation quotes, it's motivational and self-improvement sites. For business... For "Quotes from Jurassic Park" it's a movie site.

In your case I don't think there's going to be some broad, over-arching classification like "Arts & Entertainment > Acting > Broadway & Stage Performance." You've got a broad topic site. I'd look at each page and go from there.

Some, like "Friendship Quotes" is tricky. Take what you can get. Outreach should net you some dead-on target links. Just outreach to every site on the internet and pitch them a post on their topic, create a post on your site about their topic, and link back to it. You can create 100% perfectly relevant links this way.

Again though, they don't need to be perfectly relevant or even to the inner page. I'm telling you, like I mentioned above, most of these general topic sites live and breathe by their domain-wide metrics. A link should be a link, and take them from any decent site and aim them wherever you can aim them and do some interlinking. I'd go scorched earth, shotgun approach, wide net casting, and pull in any type of fish that's dumb enough to get caught in your net.

It's definitely a struggle, what you're describing. You need to be in a position where you can just publish and not worry about links. The way to get there is what I'm describing. Just have a boatload of links, even without regard to relevancy. I know you said you aren't asking about how to get links, but I'm stream-of-conciousness brain dumping for the readers:

If you want to pay someone, there's endless forums you can post images from and link back to your site from the image, as an image link. That will fly under 99% of the mods radar, especially if you prime the account. There's still dofollow forums out there too. Set up Web 2.0's if you need. Find any and every open-registration site and toss up a 300 word outsourced post. Pitch outreach like a mad-man. I'm sure you're already slamming social media, which can be automated with some tightly related hashtags. Make videos and put them on every video site. Get a 30 second jingle made and put it on audio sites. Make an infographic and get it on infographic sites. Enter your site into CSS galleries. Enter your logo into logo galleries. Reddit is a dead easy target. Image submission, drop the reference as a link in a comment ("I found this quote here if anyone is wondering: URL anchor link").

Are those great links? No, but when you add them together they can do some damage, and many can send some traffic.

Another thing to think about is improving monetization. If you can't boost traffic, you can milk more money out of the existing traffic. CPM ads are the obvious play.
Excellent. This is great. This should get working for a bit. I think I will go the shot gun approach.

I used to own social for a bit. But it was shortlived lol. I own all the top level FB pages for the major keywords and they even rank on the page, but FB stopped leaking traffic. Sneaky bastards.

I have created some good sites, movie sites for movie quotes, I have author sites on web2.0s with multiple pages, I have break up advice sites, all of which are set up independently, that the only way they can be called PBNs are I made them. But damn, some of the topics are horrible brainblock lol

If I recall correctly, there are a number of publications that like to post compiled "quote" type posts. Some viral ones, some niche ones. Things like "10 Quotes about X". Some are tied to holidays and events. I bet you could pitch a bunch of them some sort of deal where you help them curate the quotes and in exchange, you get a link. They just send you the theme they want ahead of the holiday or trend they want to hop on and you give them a great post with great quotes. You can probably find some through Google News and others by digging around social media.

i have a client in a semi-similar but not competitive niche. if you want to explore, might be able to trade some resources and ideas

Back