Quick ecommerce question

Degree
Hi, guys
Quick one here. I have a blog in my journey that ranks for product name keywords. So basically I'm doing ecommerce using a blog.

It's ok but I'm thinking of getting a online store section going since I'm adding on products and a blog doesn't scale well for lots of products.

So how would i go about adding the store?
- store.domain.com?
- domain.com/store?

does it make a difference either way?

thanks guys

If you hope to use the domain authority of your current domain to rank then:

domain.com/store
Thanks for that. Getting it done right now. Btw, I have a few blog posts about the products that are ranking on page one right now and giving me leads. Should I redirect the posts to my store?

Should I redirect the posts to my store?"
Here's a Moz article about redirection best practices. Some key points from it:
- The engines will carry any link weighting from the original page to the new URL (90-99%)
- Be aware that when moving a page from one URL to another, the search engines will take some time to discover the 301, recognize it, and credit the new page with the rankings and trust of its predecessor.

Should I redirect the posts to my store?

You could do that but you could also link the product kw's to your store product page, this might help if the blog post title and kw has informational intention from searchers pov. that way you could end up ranking for both information intend and buyer intent, the blog for information and the store for buyers, then if you blog post is propperly written you can turn a good portion of the information seekers into buyers.

Back