Question to site owners of older websites, has your site been affected by this years series algo update?

KhairujjamanS

I get my Dopamine from outranking competitors
Degree
I've seen many new websites get affected regularly.

What about websites older than 5 years with not so much authority and relatively smaller in article count

many BIG sites have been hit with Google updates this year. Down in one, Back in another, and down again in the next or all the way up. From my observation of niche sites, only a few sites had zero affect in 2022.

While things can become more stable for older sites, there's never any true stability. Taking a hit may be easier to weather when you drop from 2 million users per month to 1 million, it's still instability.

Nobody escapes the impact of core updates. Add in Helpful Content, Core Web Vitals, Product Reviews, Link Spam, and all these other new and/or more frequent types of updates and this year was really rocky. The core updates were especially horrendous and the impact lasted a long time. Some folks hoped for a recovery in the next core update and didn't get it, which can mean a 6 month or ever 9-12 month wait.

Out of 5 sites, I haven't seen much volatility throughout any of the updates. Only site that got hit was an e-commerce site at the start of December which is seeing a recovery this week. Still not really sure why Google decided to slap a perfectly clean e-commerce site at Christmas

General improvements overall or stability on (relatively) smaller sites earning through affiliate stuff.

Back