Question about ranking for long tail keywords

Sutra

Investor and Business Mentor
BuSo Pro
Degree
In the process of creating and ranking money pages with long tails.

Let's say I create an article for the keyword:

"best small wedding venues in las vegas"

Should I create completely separate articles for other long tail keywords with somewhat similar intent? For example:

"popular small wedding venues in las vegas"
"small wedding venue in las vegas reviews"
"best wedding venue for seniors in las vegas"

No, you should tackle all of those in one article. Take all of the effort of three or four separates and smash them together to make one powerhouse article. With all of the combined links and social signals along with Google's increasing willingness to treat synonyms as equals, you should be able to take it all down with one piece of content.

The one for Seniors might deserve it's own article though.

No, you should tackle all of those in one article. Take all of the effort of three or four separates and smash them together to make one powerhouse article. With all of the combined links and social signals along with Google's increasing willingness to treat synonyms as equals, you should be able to take it all down with one piece of content.

This what I've always been confused with, how do you add those keywords into the article? Just sprinkle them in? Wouldnt the keyword density be lower?

Wouldnt the keyword density be lower?
Oh lord, please remove "keyword density" from your mind, that's going to kill you.

Google understand synonyms, in fact they want to see more synonyms within your context versus trying the "keyword density" route which is ancient. If you want to increase it's signal use the exact phrase as an anchor text while interlinking your content.

You've got your answer right here @Trankuility

This what I've always been confused with, how do you add those keywords into the article? Just sprinkle them in? Wouldnt the keyword density be lower?

Lower density is a good thing. Having a density that's too high it's where people usually get in trouble. I check every page for density just to make sure I haven't inadvertently keyword or phrase stuffed. It's usually too high when I'm done so I start swapping them out for synonyms and related words.

Typically these various phrases work well for sections in the content. These phrases are so long that you'll never use them more than once naturally, so you might as well slap them in headers where they can have more of an on-page impact. If you get worried about the density getting too high, even if that includes the density of all variations added together, then you can just add more content and more sections that reduces that percentage, like the set of H3's in there. It will dilute and strengthen the content at the same time.

Title & H1: best small wedding venues in las vegas
Intro to the article. Best is such a subjective word because it depends on your goals. Do you want the most elegant private venue or do you want to get married by an Elvis impersonator while anyone can walk in off the street and cheer you on?
H2: popular small wedding venues in las vegas
Before we break it down into tightly nit categories, lets look at some of the most popular small venues that you'll hear about regardless of their specialty. There's this one... and this one... and that one...​

H3: elvis silly types
blah blah​
H3: classy elegant types
blah blah​
H3: outdoorsy types
blah blah​

H2: small wedding venue in las vegas reviews
To save you time, we've aggregated the pros and cons of each venue from various places on the internet, including their star ratings, satisfaction scores, and some pictures.
H2: Conclusion
There's a lot of options out there. Use our reviews above to choose wisely and click through the links to book your wedding quickly and easily (and to use our exclusive coupon that's automatically applied!). If you're a senior, then you'll be interested to know that we've published a list just like this one of the best wedding venue for seniors in las vegas so make sure to check that out!

Back