Query Hunter - Useful plugin for finding GSC keywords?

bernard

BuSo Pro
Degree
The method of finding long tails and additional content opportunities by going through your Search Console impression data is well known.

Apparantly someone made a WP plugin that makes this a little easier:

https://joedavies.gumroad.com/l/queryhunter

I haven't tried it myself and generally I don't think it's a good idea to run plugins that use external data in Wordpress, but I'm going to test it. It looks useful.

I came across it a while back but was sketched out it could be stealing data. Probably completely unfounded.

Saw that pop up on my feed earlier today, it looks like a waste of resources for something that can be done in Sheets.

Love the 2nd example for finding a winning keyword is a post (I'm inferring) about a dog's diarrhea, and the win is a keyword that doesn't mention dogs.

ey7x4jtp9ljaz46zhuatbc8lj4tj

@Boy Yes, that's true, like I wrote in OP, I don't think anyone should waste server resources on doing calculations of exernal data.

Automating this would be useful though.

The only "difficulty" here would be querying the Wordpress post data from the Sheets script. There are run time limits for scripts and I could see this being slow.

GSC data can be really juicy, but there's no way I'd want to churn through it using WP as a backend! Nice brand exposure for the author though, people love freebies.

Back