Q: email delivery services

Degree
Hi, i'm looking for ways to setup mail on my store
I've been researching and found out services like klaviyo but seems really pricy

Basically I'm looking for a way to send a receipt after the customer bought (or sign on the newsletter) from the store and then do follow-up/ email marketing/ newsletter to them

I've found Email Delivery Services like sparkpost and SendGrid /others but don't know much about what I can do with them (I know i can send a receipt and email marketing follow up using them) but don't know if I can do a newsletter, A/B testing thru them.
Or If there is a complimentary service to these Email Delivery Services that works well( I've found sendwithus that integrates with them for example).

Any experiences/ suggestions and help about this topic would be appreciated. especially from an ecommerce perspective.

Cheers

How many records do you currently have? I am using Mailerlite at the moment. It's cheap and easy to use. Does the job. My e-commerce sites are built on Woo Commerce so what I do is export the customers email data using a plugin and then import it in to Mailerlite. It's not as full featured as some of the others but it has basic automation. i would recommend it for someone starting out.

This is the woo commerce plugin i use:

https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-export-customer-email/

Yes you can do a newsletter with Sendgrid, segment your lists, etc. Sendgrid would be great for automated mailing like receipts and all that. At a low enough level it's free too. Not sure about A/B testing but you could set that up by splitting your segment in half and hitting each one with a variation.

Watch out for services that don't let you import lists. Some force you to build from ground zero with opt-ins.

Back