Pure luxury branding

darkzerothree

DunkelNullDrei
Degree
Looking at my current areas of interest, I wrote the thread over in marketing

Here is another campaign I unearthed for Watson by IBM
tumblr_o2mwmwyWmZ1s3v40zo4_1280.jpg

https://ap-brandmemories.tumblr.com/post/139414821573/outthink-campaign-cognitiveera-ibm-watson/amp

I got inspired to look for the strategy behind it.

And luxury branding is what I came up with.

This luxury should be in the service, or content, with high tech presentation to underscore, not outplay.

One of the first of these was the famous "Snow Fall" piece by the times
http://www.nytimes.com/projects/2012/snow-fall/index.html#/?part=tunnel-creek

I think you can find more examples.

I think this can actually be done in all niches!

The New York Times link is like the 10x Content style that's perfect for promotion and outreach. That kind of work gets so many links. And the more it spreads, the more links you get.

I wouldn't call this Luxury Branding, though I get the point. There's a specific aesthetic for luxury, from fonts and colors to even line widths and things like that:

YYDyFPS.jpg

I don't see anything particularly great about that IBM campaign. They're using faces to get you to look at it because otherwise there's not much "humanity" to the company. The faces and bright colors are entirely about grabbing attention and raising brand awareness.

I agree though. We see so much trash campaigns, especially with banner ads. I'd like to assume they're acting on data and the trash converts better than well designed graphics, but who knows these days.

The snow crash piece hit like a hammer when it came out a few years back.

Luxury is not only gold and script font.

It can be pure tech superiority or a smooth feeling - think Apple at their best.

Great piece. It's probably what I need to do with my trademark & product because I'm nailing sales , not finding a buyer for the business, and the market is exploding.

I could go after a more professional look / sales approach and probably do damage. These ads are great food for thought

Back