Proper Mindset and Perspective

Degree
The feedback, advice, instruction, and tough love I have seen in my first 6 days here in the BuSo community has been nothing short of amazing. I want to have a proper and realistic mindset and perspective for my goals.

I have started changing daily habits, started exercising for 1 hr. every day and cutting out things and people that are not important so can devote as much of my 24hrs per day as possible developing and growing in this digital publishing world and building a business so I can get out of the rat race sooner rather than later.

My reading on BuSo has been mind changing and I find myself liking the idea of growing 2 or 3 sites over the next 18 to 36 months that I can then flip for mid-6 figures or more. This would provide the necessary resources to erase my debt, quit my job, have enough to live on, and more importantly provide the capital for me to really invest in and building a more long-term project for growth and a 7-figure exit. I plan to become a serial content creator and publisher and then teach those I love and care about who want to learn along the way.

As I was reading an old article today about Brian Lam and his philosophy while creating and building The Wirecutter. Brian made a statement that "I wanted evergreen content that didn’t have to be updated constantly to hunt traffic. I wanted to publish things that were useful.” Brain talked about the focus for that site being more focused on affiliate revenue instead of "traditional or native" advertising.

Building a niche/authority site in 2022, is the name of the game about building your own brand, creating your own digital info products, physical products ( private/white label products) or marketing your services in the local space as shown in the case study by localcasestudies?

Overall, I have the goal to build a digital media company with high quality brands within a few different verticals. I will work hard, I must work hard but during and more later I want to also enjoy life, enjoy the freedom from the rat race and enjoy the benefits of the arduous work I am about to undertake and share those benefits with those I love. Thanks for reading, thanks for teaching!

Good luck with your company. Which threads do you love here more?

Back