Programmatic SEO Affiliate Sites - How To Win

Degree
I've had this burning desire to learn how to win when it comes to programmatic SEO sites. I have no idea how to code but I can hire people that can. I'm looking for ways to understand what the ceiling is here and how to approach this whole world.

Would love some insight and information if you have anything. Thanks in advance!

I've seen a lot of talk about programmatic SEO.

It seems to be spun syntax content 2.0 but instead of spinning you have AI now. Does that about sum it up?

Seems very obvious that Google will nuke all this content to hell eventually and is not something to build a business on.

Happy to be proven wrong!

A great example of an affiliate site done programmatically instead of with editorial content is https://technical.city/en, a GPU & CPU comparison site.

https://versus.com/en is doing this as well on a massive level, comparing a ton of different things, from electronics to vegetables to higher education.

On the affiliate front, a purely unbiased, data-driven approach seems the way to go. Here's the information for these two products, come to the conclusion which you think is better. Here are some visuals to help you out.

@mrpotato, IDK if you use Twitter at all but @iannuttall has a ton of knowledge on programmatic SEO sites.

I had a plugin developed around a year ago that did this, although a few kinks still need to be worked out, like URL redundancy (so as not to create /product-a-vs-product-b as well as /product-b-vs-product-a).

I started experimenting with product comparison posts a few years ago in my lab thread, taking info from article A and lining it up with info from article B. Traffic was significantly less than other pages, but the conversion rates were amazing. Someone looking to compare Product A and Product B will probably buy whatever one fits their criteria.

It seems to be spun syntax content 2.0 but instead of spinning you have AI now. Does that about sum it up?

Not even a little bit. Programmatic is a way of creating pages using a database. That's it. For example, https://www.color-hex.com/. Imagine writing 16,777,216 posts to cover every hex color combination.

But yep, I'm sure any day now they'll get nuked from the internet because they don't include at least 1,000 words of fluff on page.

It's almost like there are more ways to rank than just articles...

Those are cool sites @Boy. I guess the talk/hype about it that I have seen is low effort posts on Twitter - usually trying to sell something to do with AI content creation around this.

Reactions: Boy
I've done a little of this.
I once generated about 100000 unique videos (and 700000 unique images) one per page. It was a bit over the top in retrospect. Took about 3 days to generate on Oracle free tier server.
Got a little traction. I think a domain with existing authority helps a lot to get it crawled.

I built out several of these in the past using government available data, latitude and longitude retrieved by a bot using addresses, and a VA to find and format logos or storefronts. Ended up selling them for a small chunk.

I don't think that way of doing things is worthwhile anymore. Basically creating directories and monetizing with ads or pay per call. What I do see as valuable is something like @Boy is doing, like Rtings.com is doing. They test products and organize the data in such a way that for every similar product they review, they can generate a "Product A vs. Product B" page. It helps that they're doing perfect product reviews in such a way that it makes The Wirecutter look like child's play. It's such a massive undertaking.

In a world where content will be pooped out by our own personal Iron Man Jarvis, words will be worth nothing. The kind of images and data being collected by Rtings is a great moat to build around yourself, and it also gives you access to the exponential page creation that we're losing out on if we don't want to die in the ocean of AI content that's flooding in while contributing to it ourselves.

I've been doing this for several months now. Built up a dozen sites using pSEO + AI. Like @Boy && @Ryuzaki said it's all data driven.

Me being an ex-engineer, I love this stuff so I built out an entire system to spit out sites with just a KW dump from SEMrush.

It outlines, writes, optimizes, internally & externally links, adds images, etc etc.

The cohort I started with ~6mo ago on fresh domains have been growing week over week. For an experiment, it's going well...

Next step for me is to do this with an affiliate site and see if it'll start raking in dough.

It's fun if you like to code, look at data, and draw conclusions from it. I've done some videos on YT about it just look for 'digital real estate ai'. Good stuff

Back