Press Releases for building authority?

built

//
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Degree
What are your guys opinion on this? I was planning to do a press release every month to build up some authority for my site alongside my traffic leaking etc

Press releases play a huge part in any marketing strategy.

The big thing that we always plan (in my day job) is to build in relevancy. The press releases that have done best for the clients (organically picked up by national news) that we work with are the ones that have been topical rather than just blasting out news in an attempt to build 'virtual internet points' or bulk up the backlink count... if that makes sense.

This link might help and remember to sign up for Haro and SourceBottle if you haven't already.

Sourcebottle looks great, thank you Lloops. I use Haro all the time.

Built, I think press releases are an excellent part of building up an authority site. My suggestion would be to not use anchor text keywords in them. Unless the keyword is the brand name of the website you are building.
Additionally these are more likely to get picked up by National news type outlets. Remember that press releases have the best chance of picking up steam if they are actually newsworthy.

If you are building in a niche take some time to figure out what reporters are writing about your niche. Follow them on social media, interact with them ask questions etc.Once they have noticed you, you can pitch them your idea. Don't be discouraged it once took me 75 pitches before I finally landed an article I wanted placed. The name of the game is templates tweaked with some social engineering.

Press releases are a piece of the puzzle, certain industries it is more important than others. Very good advice from Luxer, i have seen penalty from anchor text in press release.

Press releases are a piece of the puzzle, certain industries it is more important than others. Very good advice from Luxer, i have seen penalty from anchor text in press release.

Agreed. These will be syndicated across a lot of sites. Scraper sites and PBN's and more will copy the content.

It's extremely important to only use Branded, URL, or generic anchors here.

There used to be a good guy on WF who did a press release distribution service. I cant find him anymore. Can anyone recommend a good provider for distribution (I have good writers, i just need a well priced distribution service)

Hey Butcher I think it was whirlwind? or something like this. If it is the same guy I am thinking about who is on BHW as well. And yes hes got great writers and a good distribution network. PM me if you would like his details.
There used to be a good guy on WF who did a press release distribution service. I cant find him anymore. Can anyone recommend a good provider for distribution (I have good writers, i just need a well priced distribution service)

Back