Potential income for "Cats (british cat)" site?

Degree
Hi everyone,

I have an idea to start an cats niche site, focus monetize on info content with display ads.

The strength is:

+ Good SEO skill

+ Can smash content as much as possible

+ I have 4 cats in my house and I can take pictures, record movies, use actual media instead of stock photos.

But I wonder is cats worthy niche to invest time & effort? Anyone have experience in this niche can tell me a little bit about the earning potential (in case mostly traffic from US)? RPM or something like that... (yeah cuz Amz rate is just 3% so I don't want to earn with Amazon on this niche)

Thank you again :smile:

Pets niche is pretty crowded as lots of course members and others followed Authority Hackers into it because of lack of imagination/brain cells and it has traditionally been one of the 'make affiliate money online' strongholds because of range of products and pet owners. (And, as you say, relatively easy to produce unique image and video content or review products.)

(Incidentally AH dog site got whacked this last update.)

This page might give you a few answers:
https://www.authorityhacker.com/cat-affiliate-programs/

I'm sure there are lot of money to be made with cats and pets in general.

Like @ToffeeLa mentions, it's probably also very crowded. Not as crowded as dogs though and cats are masters at providing material. Did you see that video of the cat doing an obstruction course? Cats are great.

If you want to really smash it in this niche, I think social media mastery is a must. Hit them on all fronts with Youtube, TikTok, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn.

I do think cats are a good niche for various reasons, one is that I feel cats are growing in popularity, due to less Millennials (and soon Gen Z), being able to afford homes and dogs typically are a house pet, where as cats are more often allowed in apartments. Also more Millennials are single, "cat ladies", than previous generations. They're much easier to care for as a single person, than a dog.

So I think cats are trending upwards in general as pets.

That leaves another niche, which is also controversial: Indoor vs Outdoor cats.

This is something that always gets Reddit going with one of their very weird obsessions that it's actually good to keep cats indoor (I very much disagree).

In any case, I think how reddit gets so defensive, when I say cats should be outdoors, is partially because they have a nagging feeling that their cats might not be as happy as could be.

Indoor cats require a lot more stimulation than outdoor cats. Imo, this is where you have your money niche, because there are all kinds of toys and cat patios and such to sell.

And where better to begin your traffic leaking, than by creating the ultimate indoor vs outdoor cat rage bait piece?

As you can probably get from the above, I am also planning on going into the cat niche :D

Pet probiotics seems to be a strong offer here that’ll net you good commissions vs the usual Amazon 3% BS.

Also pet deodorizers/carpet cleaners are a strong offer w good commissions.

Yesterday, I saw a few cat sites for sale in the Shopify marketplace. The one that brings my attention is a site for cat collars and bandanas. If you check Etsy, you will see that cat owners love to buy these things for furry friends. Etsy is a good place to check what cat owners buy. The good this is that you already have four models in your house.

I am a rookie myself but I think you should do this as you actually own the cats. I was talking to one of my friends and he was planning on getting a dog and he saw a ton of videos and websites talking about all the things for pets. He told me that most of these guys are BS and how they don't ACTUALLY own the pet and the info is regurgitated so, he just looks at real pet owner videos and articles.

Back