Post Styling For Wordpress.com Blogs

Degree
I googled this, but the only results I get are for admins who run WP sites.

I'd like to know how to get images and pull quotes to show in a post for a WP.com blog? Regular HTML doesn't seem to work on the blog I'm on and I'm not sure if that's a WP thing or something the site admin doesn't allow.

If you want to add html to a wordpress post, be sure you click on the html tab first... If you are trying to add it to the visual editor it won't work.

Your question is a little confusing... Either it is SUPER SIMPLE or I'm not understanding it.

Super simple option : Use the 'Add Media' button to add your images... Do yourself a favor and compress them first so they load fast (google 'how to compress an image' to find some tools... add .jpg to the search or .png based on your filetype)

For the quotes, there is a blockquote button, it looks like quotes... Type out what you want to be quoted... Highlight it and click that. It will wrap it in the blockquote tag... (Shift+Alt+Q is the shortcut!)

And the other option is that I didn't understand your question at all and you already know how to do this... In that case, just restate your question more clearly.

There's no styling buttons at all on this .com wordpress site. Just a text box and a "Post Comment" button.

Does that mean the admin has disabled styling for comments?

A post and a comment are totally different things. If you are trying to make a comment on some random blog you don't own, then yes it's highly likely that you can only post plain text

The editor in Wordpress strips away some tags like script, div etc. or to a large degree fucks them up at least. You can adjust this in your functions.php file. For the hosted Wordpress.com sites, you won't have this option, so there's really not a lot you can do, unless you can edit the theme files. I.e. if you're inserting code, it's better to do it via a shortcode, or via hooks, because if you paste code into the Wordpress editor you never know how it's going to turn out.

Back