Pinterest strategy for 2021

Is there anyone using Pinterest and getting a very good result?

I know about the niche selection for Pinterest.

I was just looking for the right method that worked for you and still works these days. There are some different methods out there. I'm a little bit confused.

Can you share any resource?

secretagentdad

American Dad is the best show of all time.
BuSo Pro
Here’s a real shitlord answer.

Be first to repost viral cuts that did good on other platforms.

Alternately if you don’t suck. Make good content. Or just time lapse anything and do amazing.

They water video now like YouTube did back when it was cool and you could go viral and stuff.

secretagentdad

BuSo Pro
Comparative growth.
Video pins just outperformed everything so much we basically stopped with images.
Its not as blatant as it was when they first launched but its still a thing.
I don't have any fancy analytics on it.
We're planning on doing a content marketing piece outing a bunch of stuff for keyword shitter, I've just been bogged down with other things.

Been doing videos on Pintrest also, yet not seeing anything of note. Little traffic. Just can't seem to crack the Pintrest nut. Maybe I just suck at social media.

I have tried hiring people on Upwork to do Pintrest pinning and other stuff, still no real growth. Content is good (I wouldn't call it edgy or viral, more guides like).

Any suggestions? Does Tailwind work?

secretagentdad

BuSo Pro
I would strongly recommend against tail wind, hoot suite and absolutely anything else related to automation.

Try making your guides into time lapse style video. It’s a bit of work to figure out the editing; but they’ve out performed on every platform I’ve ever tried, and are relatively low effort compared to other high performance content. Mess with your thumb nails if you’re still having issues.
Side by side b4 and after is a classic winner that never goes away on any platform.

Here’s a rough overview of my voodoo that I follow on 100% of content posting-platforms that’s relevant to Pinterest.

I never touch any of my platform accounts with any automation software ever.

Use a consistent unique device, never log into multiple accounts.

Actually use the platform in the way it was intended even if I don’t particularly like it.

Buy all the upgrades and try to push traffic early on so that internal teams figure out we’re there to play ball.

Being a power user works. Jumping on new features on launch day never hurt me.

I know there are lots of people here who like automation software and have succeeded with it. I just haven’t. Having multiple phones and passing them around has worked great.

Getting on platforms early before they start consolidating traffic to their chosen insider crew(always happens) has worked great.

Buying into premium features has been hit or miss.

Ducking platforms that are to good at selling my audience(like Facebook) to my competition has been a mixed bag but I think it’s been a source of competitive advantage over time overall.

I think it’s made getting started harder, but Major league enhanced user retention and long term value capture. This is probably a bit biased because I like going after extremely competitive niches.

Grinding out garbage based on a marketing calendar has never worked. Outsourcing creative is playing to lose never really got it to work. Cross posting winners from other sites has gone great.

Last edited:

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
From my minor experience, getting traction in the Pinterest algorithm seems to be largely about consistency of uploading new pins. Not freshness, not bulk uploads, etc. Just flat out consistent uploading activity, even at 1 pin a day. They don't want to direct users to dead accounts or fly by night accounts. They want to create a community, and thus consistency and long-term activity matters more to them.

Sutra

On the edge of the sand
BuSo Pro
Speed things up by setting aside a budget for pinterest ads. Create a pin for every single article you publish and create an ad for every single pin you create.