Personality Types Among Builders...

INTP, which I think is personality type that needs outside organisation and support to properly succeed.

SRUYIqr.jpg

That got it. This is me, definitely different to 30 years ago I think

Yeah, this is why I stress in my other posts to do this tests a lot and spread it over some time period.

For most people:
  • Doing this test several times in 1-2 days - get the same results mostly
  • Doing this test several times over a few years - get different results mostly ( as you mature, you can change )
  • Doing this test several times over several days/weeks of rest - what comes up the most ( can be different ) is more than likely your true profile.

It's also why I push the Enneagram test with the MB test too ( done at same times ). Enneagram shows you a different side and can help confirm. The "wing" score can help show you why sometimes you score differently on these test too.

A lot of INTJs on the MB tests will score a 1 or 5 on the Enneagram which will go a bit deeper into your "who" and "whys" that make up yourself. When you add the "wing" score too, you start to see why you might get ESTJ sometimes with your INTJ score.

Personally, I'm an INTJ-T, 5w4 sx.

I get why I'm very analytical, but extremely creative. I get why I can be moody and emotional even as an INTJ. There is a paradox here, but I can see why and who now.

But at the same time, I can now see how to overcome a lot of my obstacles and I now know "thresholds" for when I'm at my best, and when I am at my worst. It's almost a built in weather gauge.

Did you use this site: https://www.eclecticenergies.com/ ?

Got this ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Rzqdsvf.png

. @built As an INTJ, I would expect you to be a 5 or a 1.

5w6 or 5w4 is a lot of INTJs, although 1w2 and 1w9 are common too.

I did take the Enneagram first from the same site you posted a few times.. but after a few tries I went ahead and purchased a test from enneagraminstitute.com to get their results and data.

You more than likely don't need to purchase a test, I was curious about the info it held mostly.

The most important thing now is learning about ( for @built ):
  • How INTJs work/think. Same for 5w6's ( and also below )
  • What you do at your best/worst
  • Fears and desires
  • What makes you strong, what makes you weak
While 5's are pretty much INTJs, you'd want to look at data from both in each topic to get the real down dirty on yourself.

I know I know, you maye think you already know what makes you tick and how you are at your best and worst, but it was pretty eye opening for me on both a personal level AND from a marketing level ( because you really start to be able to use this in your marketing once you go round the whole 16 personalities and 9 Enneagram types ).

It may be a little too far, but I also took the strengthsfinder test ( paid ) and the builders tets ( same place as strengthsfinder ). I did these tests before ( years before ) I ever got into MB and Enneagram though.

It's been pretty awesome to find and validate my strengths and work in areas towards though, while knowing the signs that I'm at my worst and what to avoid so I can pivot away from that.

If you want to take it next level, start working what you find into your core values, mission statement, and priorities that lead towards your goals in life.

I think you listened to the podcast already ( seen you post there about Andy ), but this may give you help IF you want to go that next level -> https://www.buildersociety.com/threads/not-fulfilled-depressed-maybe-you-need-an-alignment.3235

I got a 5w6 on the Enneagram test and I'm an INTJ. I had to look into Type 5, 6, and 8 to figure out which one I was. I think I'm a Type 6 from what I read.

It's pretty cool that I can relate to the results, but I can't help but feel like I'm reading a horoscope because of how accurate it is. :confused:

Yeah, most INTJs will be 5w6 or 5w4

I actually got a 5w6 the first time, then a 5w4, then 5w6... I did it a few times just like I recommend you do the MB a few times.

Knowing my background in acting, writing, inventing, etc... I came to the conclusion Im a mix of both 5w4 and 5w6 ( the mix/hybrid is also common ), but I tend to slant to 5w4. Since Im also a INTJ-T, that seems to fit best with 5w4 too.

It's kinda funny when you take this info and research further. I like career choices. I've been pretty much a lot of the careers they list for 5w4 and 5w6's and INTJs before I even know of these tests.

That's why I stopped trying to struggle to fit myself into jobs/careers/projects/tasks/relationships that aren't aligned with these findings and now base my goals off who I really am.

Much more happier overall since the change.

I'm an INTP as of the last test and most previous ones.

I just took the Enneagram test at https://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/test where I chose Test 1. It was 14 pages of about 100 questions. You choose between No, Partly, & Yes. It was quick.

My results were...
You are most likely a type 5.

Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 5w4

And I guess they give you some cross-over data too so you can read about your 2nd and 3rd type, etc:
Type 5 - 11
Type 1 - 10
Type 3 - 7.7
Type 4 - 6.4

Wing 5w4 - 14.2
Wing 5w6 - 12.5
Wing 1w2 - 12.2
Wing 4w5 - 11.9
Wing 3w4 - 10.9

That means, I'm mainly The Investigator, The Reformer, The Achiever, & The Loyalist. I don't know what those mean yet but I agree with the labels, except Reformer which I need more info about. Not sure what they're getting at there yet.
  • Investigator - Thinkers who tend to withdraw and observe
  • Reformer - Perfectionists, responsible, fixated on improvement
  • Achiever - Focused on the presentation of success, to attain validation
  • Loyalist - Conflicted between trust and distrust
Yeah, definitely a Reformer. By that description, I don't think I'm an Achiever in that I'm focused on the "Presentation" of success, but the "Attainment." In general, this is absurdly accurate and not that generalized. I read about all 4 types of these main types and my Wing... I can't say I learned anything about myself but it does confirm what I've thought all along, which is a big step towards taking care of myself and setting up my life to take advantage too.

So now what

H99M455.png

Edit: Well now I know why I'm frustrated
Thought I'd try this again because I was feeling pretty down when I woke up, got the same result (different values in some areas though) which makes me quite surprised.

lkhx67j.png

Thought I'd try this again because I was feeling pretty down when I woke up, got the same result (different values in some areas though) which makes me quite surprised.

lkhx67j.png

I wouldn't be surprised if I were you.

I'd tell you to take this test at least 5 times total over 5 weeks or so. If it comes out INTJ the majority of the time, then it's safe to say you are this.

It's been 3 weeks since you found out you were first an INTJ-T

Not sure if you did the Enneagram test, or wrote down your core values + mission statement + priorities.

However, a few things to point out:
  • In 3 weeks, have you drastically changed your life after finding out this info? What have you dont to course correct?
  • Did you do all the other stuff ( Enneagram, core values, mission statement, priorities? )
  • Have you done it all multiple times to ensure you have the right data?
  • How have you worked to your new goals?
  • Did you do further research on your own about INTJ's ( meaning outside the test and other exercises, like reading about INTJs on other sites )?
  • This won't be a cure-all for everything you might be down/sad/depressed about. Finding out you are an INTJ wont help when you are maybe;
    • Broke and about to lose your house
    • On meds
    • Lost a family member
    • Have been chronically depressed for years on end

In 3 weeks, I don't think you have even had enough time to really get to the root of all the exercises. It's good you did it again though.

Once you find out who you are and you have done all the tests, it's gonna take you a few months of active work to turn your life around towards your new goals and adapt to them. You will still get down about other things though, which is unavoidable.

Make sure you have wrapped up the other things though and gone through it all.

What do you think you are down about the most ( you don't have to share here of course ). Is it work, relationships, personal matters, etc?

If it's work, this exercise can help.

Back