Passing link juice optimally

RBT

Degree
90% of all my backlinks point to my homepage (all links obtained organically). The other 10% mostly link to my info pages.

My goal is to pass all that link juice to my "money" pages so that they rank higher. But I am not sure how best to do that. I can put some of those money posts on my home page as "popular articles" or something. But the problem is then it looks way too spammy with reviews and best-of articles right on the homepage.

Secondly, I also use a dropdown navigation menu with a lot of links. So I think link juice gets spread to all of them. Do you guys think that is a big no-no? Anyway I can keep my beautiful menus without wasting my link juice?

Off the cuff ideas:
  • Put your "money" pages in a category just for them, display all of the posts on the category page, and link to the category page in your navigation. Can also show some of them in the mega menu with "View All" as another option leading to the category page.
  • Can create a hub page article designed for the sole purpose of linking out contextually to all those pages, then link to it from around the site and/or navigation. Can build links to this page, too.
  • Slap them in the sidebar or footer globally.
  • Put them on the homepage despite how it looks. It doesn't look spammy in my opinion. Webmasters have to eat too. You don't have to put them all there.
  • Make sure you're interlinking to them from all of your articles regardless.
I'd say a mixture of all of the above should get the job done to some degree.

Back