Page Comparison Tools - Top 10 SERPS

Degree
What do you guys use to compare a page on your site to the top 10 SERP results for like for like comparisons for on page SEO?

SEMRush leaves a lot to be desired on this front.

Serpwoo and/or Surfer.

Oh, one I haven’t tried yet but plan to check out is Page Optimizer Pro.

What do you guys use to compare a page on your site to the top 10 SERP results for like for like comparisons for on page SEO?

What specific elements/metrics are you looking to compare against?

What specific elements/metrics are you looking to compare against?
  • KW Density.
  • "In article" total word count (excluding all text that is not part of the post / article)
  • Title Tag Usage and KW Prominence in Title Tags.
  • H1-3 Usage and KW Usage in same.
  • Semantic kws / content that I'm missing.
  • Number of Images Included on page.
  • Image Alt Text.

SEMRush is janky at best when it comes to this, saying I don't have my KW in the H1 when I do, etc.

SEMRush is janky at best when it comes to this, saying I don't have my KW in the H1 when I do, etc.
Do you have an example of sort of how you want this data displayed? Visually.

Do you have an example of sort of how you want this data displayed? Visually.
Roughly like this - super simple and fast actionable traffic light system with simple outputs -

XJ9xqby.jpg

Might get a little more complex when it gets to semantic content inclusion but even if this was included as a simplified version it would beat out most of the other tools which are massive jumbles of data.

Something as simple as the above would be ideal as it can be ran and applied at scale and handed off to a trusted editor.

This option simply doesnt exist in a simple and concise enough format with other tools i've looked at.

All appear to be over engineered (visual editors, plugins, etc,) in order to justify a higher price.

I find value in going the other way and stripping out the noise and reducing the analysis to action points that are likely to be able to be applied quickly and efficiently.

Back