Outsourcing content clusters to writers

Degree
Hi there, I am currently re-building a niche/authority site of mine.

Im just getting into content clusters and silo structures. I have big hub pages and now creating content around them. For example phrases that answer specific questions. Now the site already has many such big hubs and I can not do the writing all myself. I found some writer which writes for 2.7c/word, but I have to find out what quality that content is first. Is it okay to use lower quality content around the pillar pages, to go up in the serps? Lets say I buy 10 articles each 750-1000 words for each big pillar page, my main writer is at 8c per word but he also does editing and onpage-seo

Google has enough data to know exactly how much you paid per word for your content and has a threshold where if you don't pay at least 3¢ per word they won't rank you.... PSYCHE!

It's up to you to decide if the 2.7¢ content meets your expectations and that of your users. If you're doing it simply to bolster your pillar pages it's probably fine. If you also want to rank these pages and have people reading it... it's probably also fine. Or maybe it's trash.

You'll have to figure out if it works in the context of your entire operation, monetization style, just pushing relevance and link juice, etc. But I can tell you I've made as much money with 2¢ content as I have with 4¢, 8¢, etc. Because at the end of the day it's not what you paid, it's who wrote it and the quality they're providing, and if you're willing to take the time to punch it up here and there (or not).

Thanks! I have 5 "best xyz" pages now - i plan to publish around 10 supporting blog posts for each best of xyz type, with 500-1000 words articles covering questions about the item.

That's a good way of doing things. Not only will you build topical relevancy, but you'll be able to interlink up to the more important pages, and you'll also keep your ratio of "money pages" to "info pages" lower. Google definitely doesn't like sites that only middle-man the bottom of the funnel, unless they go through extraordinary efforts to stand above the rest (like The WireCutter did). Good luck with it!

That's a good way of doing things. Not only will you build topical relevancy, but you'll be able to interlink up to the more important pages, and you'll also keep your ratio of "money pages" to "info pages" lower. Google definitely doesn't like sites that only middle-man the bottom of the funnel, unless they go through extraordinary efforts to stand above the rest (like The WireCutter did). Good luck with it!
Yeah exactly! My ratio of commercial pages is way too high anyways. I plan on outsourcing 20-50 blog articles over the next months covering alot of "how to" and "what is better" etc. keywords - search terms around the main commercial keywords. For that I will try to find the best writer (I have a few which i give a test order now) all between 2,7-3c a word - pretty good. I couldnt write this many articles. Also my creativity is heavily affected by my brain disorder.

So i am also building links, mainly with email outreach to "link magnets" atm, its slow and im not really sucessful. most site owners want me to pay for their backlinks. I've been looking @CCarter 's links and im not sure but I may consider buying them once the site gains some traction. like buyer intent anchors and only to top pages once the supporting content is up. do you think these links are safe and a good idea? also it may be from english to another language, my site is not in english but I read that its not problem to get backlinks from another language

Ah and I use mailshake + hunter.io for outreach, I'm new to it so theres alot of tweaking and testing to do, so far I wasn't able to get any references from other pages but im trying my best. also im just warming up the email so not really sending much emails/day

Back