Outsourcing a website, recommendations?

Nat

Degree
I've got a website in mind but I'm not going to be able to build it all myself. Well, I might be able to, but its definitely not worth the time it would take me. Its no SaaS, but its not just an html design, it needs to have user registration and some type of simple back-end to it. I've really grown to despise Wordpress thanks to BuSo :evil:, but basing it on another faster CMS would be fine. I'm definitely on a budget, I'm willing to invest in a website but I can't drop any huge bucks. Most affordable designers are foreign WP kiddies that I don't want to deal with. Any recommendations? I already email'd the guy from the marketplace section here.

@droplister is quite the Laravel wizard. He could build an entire backend for you, but that'd be costly in terms of time and money.

Otherwise it's just a matter of choosing the CMS and then finding a designer. I don't see a reason to recreate a CMS when there are plenty available. Wordpress itself can be extremely fast and secure, but if you aren't the type to get obsessed with both of those, any CMS with a database can be slow and vulnerable. Even flat-file options.

I think your course of action would be having a blueprint written up and shop it around to people who know how to design with your chosen CMS. Then they can make it streamlined as small as possible to load with custom theme. Then a security expert for that CMS can come in behind and help you secure everything.

@droplister is quite the Laravel wizard. He could build an entire backend for you, but that'd be costly in terms of time and money.

Otherwise it's just a matter of choosing the CMS and then finding a designer. I don't see a reason to recreate a CMS when there are plenty available. Wordpress itself can be extremely fast and secure, but if you aren't the type to get obsessed with both of those, any CMS with a database can be slow and vulnerable. Even flat-file options.

I think your course of action would be having a blueprint written up and shop it around to people who know how to design with your chosen CMS. Then they can make it streamlined as small as possible to load with custom theme. Then a security expert for that CMS can come in behind and help you secure everything.

Thanks for being such an awesome member. I think you pretty much always end up responding to a stupid thread I create. Honestly, I want the website to be faster than the competition, but I'm not a speed freak. As long as it loads in less than a second I'll probably be happy. I don't hate wordpress, but I would definitely want the backend of WP customized if so because I don't want it to look like its WP. I could really care less what CMS its in as long as its secure and works. I'm not looking to reinvent the wheel on this idea. I have a few example sites that I essentially just want to clone most of the features / functionality.

Back