One User Profile Page To Rule Them All?

Degree
I am using the following plugins to run a Wordpress member site:

-Buddypress
-BBpress
-Paid Memberships Pro Free version (which uses the WP backend)
-Woocommerce

This gives my community members 4 different places they could potentially go to edit their profile information. CONFUSING!

I DO NOT want my community members to see or use the Wordpress backend, but would rather have a nice looking profile page in one place integrated with all these plugins that give my members one place to make changes, update their membership, change passwords, etc.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Also, if I am being redundant with plugin usage, please let me know.

At a certain point you have to ask yourself if it's time for a customized solution... in your case: it's time for a customized solution; even if it's simply a "create account", "update info", and "update payment option" that then goes and updates the various database fields within the old plugins/system.

At one time we explored going with Amember.com since it integrated with so many things, but that required users to create an account through there (hated their template) and it would hinder our growth in the future. But Amember allowed data to be pass back and forth if I recall. So that's an option, but honestly I think you should talk to a programmer to create a customized login/account management solution that then integrates with your current system seamlessly. It'll have to be mapped out ahead of time and be agile enough to handle future improvements.

There are programmers on here that can do that easily without thinking twice.

If you do find a solution please let us know what you did. I am in a similar boat

... it would hinder our growth in the future...

I was thinking the same thing about going with a third party. Using templates and plugins from companies that sunsetted their projects or that had ulterior motives left me compromised in the past. I think I will have to stop being such a cheapskate and just hire this out based on your recommendations.

Appreciate the input as always!

If your issue with the Wordpress Dashboard is that it's visually recognizable, you can change the CSS of the login page and the user profile page rather drastically if you want to hide it. You can even change the "wp-admin" URL to become anything else you want if you want to mask the fact that you're using Wordpress.

I agree though, you're at the Frankenstein level of creating a monster out of 3rd and 4th party software, which at any time can update and break each other and anything custom you add to it. My guess is that there's probably a single piece of software, even a Wordpress theme/plugin package that does what you need. Or you could get a custom thing made either by a backend Wordpress developer or even in Laravel or something else.

Back