Offline event - Undrground party

TacoCat

Bueno...
BuSo Pro
Degree
We made one in 2012 and it went crazy, a lot of people showed up.

This year we are repeating it. Shit is going to go down very soon. Do any of you guys have any suggestions to regarding the marketing part?

I've set up a facebook campaign for the city. We are going to give out flyers, offcourse social newtwork activities.

I can't get any celebs to endorse it. Is there anything else to be done?

Maybe you should tell us a little bit about what this party is about?

Big radio and college radio station spots might help extend your reach. Newspaper inserts. Postcard mailings. It really depends on who is in the demographic.

@stackcash you are right.

Well short story:

Most of the DJ's that will be playing will be home DJ's from the town, some of them are know, some of them are not. All of them will be endorsing the event. It takes place in an Old warehouse. We will probably set it up in that style as well.

There is nothing much to tell. What kind of info do you need?

No such thing as college radios, this is eastern europe that we re talking about. :D

The audience are teens 18 - 25. Mostly college and university students.

Get the DJs to put together a promo-mix and upload it to their Soundcloud. Make a hype video with footage from 2012. Both would give you something 'tangible' to promote on SM. Get the DJs to push the event to their followers, too. There might not be an FM radio station but plenty of internet radio stations catering to electronic music of all flavours and you might find some synergy there... Not sure how big residentadvisor.net is in your country, but might be worth listed there or your country's equivalent, if there is one.

@j_b we just launched first teaser with footage from 2012.

I will definitely make sure that the DJ's do what they can. As for internet Radios that is even less possible. :D As I've never heard of one and I know a lot if places where to listen to music locally. I will look at the locam FM stations, maybe we can find someone who is willing to promote it. (because otherwise it would be too expensive for this kind of an event)

Hey TacoCat...

How is the offline event thing doing?

Please update :smile:

Have you thought about having people stand outside of the techno clubs in town with flyers for the event? that's how raves are promoted in Denver.

1. Your target audiance is there (if they're at a techno club, they like techno)
2. You get the word out
3. You build hype right there
4. They have something to remember the date

They usually have early-bird tickets at a discount (and a way to purchase the tickets online, listed in the flyer) and the ticket price usually goes up as the date nears. I'm sure this is so they can pay the deposit for the venue without using their own money.

@planBman the event was on 9th of october.

I had a hell of a week before that, all the organizing, everything went to shit two days before the event, I had so much work on my hands to not fuck everything up, but all went well.

To put it in perspective, two days before the event the guy who owned the place where we wanted to throw the party said that he is pulling out. Then I had to find another place where to make it. After furiously calling everybody and going to the city council I got an old building from them.

With that solved I still had a shit ton of work, and at the last day about four hours before the event had to happen the lights didn't work, an hour before the start we managed to get that working.

The event was very successful, I've heard only good feedback. About 400 people came, (I live in a city with around 60000 inhabitants and it is not a student city, but we still have around 4 nightclubs)

Financially I didn't make much around 100 euros.

We mostly built our audience in Facebook. With the event and then making some promo videos. Going with contests like Share this post and win free tickets.

Back