NinjaOutreach Anyone

Degree
Is it worth it?
I would pretty much ease up outreach campaign if it works well.

Opinions?

Let's just say - "they are getting there"

I recommended it to a business partner of mine from a demo and she had a crazy experience with them trying to get it setup. It was very buggy - this was a year ago. The problem was not the software but getting things setup, they were switching from a desktop APP to web based and the transition was less than stellar. She got email with blank passwords and that required contacting Dave and even one email stated just to get started a phone conversation was REQUIRED. Shit was bananas. I sent Dave a very very long email explaining the problems with their on-boarding and detailed the experience she had and how they could fix it - according to Dave's own words he "loved all the suggestions" and "forwarded them all to his developers".

This was nearly a year ago and from what I see they've taken several of my suggestions and implemented them but I haven't yet tried to circle back to see the end results. I asked my partner some months back what she thought about it and she just remembers it being very difficult to get started - so it's one of those things where the first impression tainted her.

With all that said I'd definitely give it a try cause they "LOOK" like they've improved a great deal in the last year. They've also installed Intercom.io within the App so if you have any questions Dave is definitely available. I can tell you the one strong point about NinjaOutreach is their customer service - they are big on it cause they really care about the software. You can tell the difference when someone is passionate about what they do and Dave has that passion.

Check out these guides they've created, looks like there are video versions along side:
The Ultimate Guides To Using NinjaOutreach How To

I recommend going over all the videos first and getting familiar with it to see if this is the right fit for your workflow, cause as you can see they've put in a ton of effort to get people familiar with the tool. Definitely give it a try.

Thanks CC. Sounds great. And now it is totally web based so set-up problem should not be there. Anyway they have a trial as well. It will remove a lot of grunt work from outreach. Also, I think it will give some semblance of a process to my outreach effort.

I'm interested to hear if anyone's has also used Pitchbox or Buzzstream and how they compare to Ninja Outreach when it comes to scaling single person campaigns (yes, i've read point blank seo post on it - see Pitchbox vs Buzzstream)

I haven't used the others, so I can't comment on those. Been using Pitchbox for 2, almost 3, years now. Pitchbox works great for a lot of outreach needs. About the only gripe I have with them, is the UI is a bit confusing, as there's often several ways to get to any given area of the platform, and a lot of them are not well-documented, so you might spend a bit of time getting a feel for where everything is located. That being said, once you figure out the layout, it works pretty well and is fairly efficient.

One thing I particularly like about Pitchbox, is the ability to use some simple code (if/else type stuff, wrapped in double {{if}}This{{else}}That{{/if}}). I'm not sure if other comparable platforms allow that, but it can make for some cool outreach email templates that you can highly personalize for excellent open and conversion rate.

The other major question, probably the first question, is what type of outreach? That might determine what type of platform is going to be ideal. For example, if you're looking more for leads and just establishing contact with people, in certain use cases you might have really good luck with Yesware. In others, maybe your goals need to be tightly tied to websites, link outreach, etc. so maybe Pitchbox might work better, with it's ability to add in whatever custom fields (and script them) you need.

Wow, what the hell. I see what you mean Steve! I must have a grandfathered account, because they didn't have those limits before. They really need to pick a pricing model and stick with it. With those new limits, I will not be a repeat buyer when time comes for another account. What a damn shame.

Ninja outreach over Buzzstream any day. Much cleaner and easier to use interface. The founder can regularly be found by clicking live chat. And he is always on top of any suggestions or problems you may have.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been looking at outreach tools recently, and there are so many. Anyone tried BuzzStream, Inkybee, ContentMarketer.io, outreachr, or grouphigh? I found like 10 sites similar to Ninja outreach and its ridiculously overwhelming.

i tried ninja outreach from this post. been using for about a week and it's alright but a few bugs.

and i wish the contact form feature was better. it autofills from a chrome plugin but you still have to send yourself and it doesn't keep a copy of message submitted. it just tells you if you've visited the contact form. so i've no idea if i sent anything. a lot of websites only have contact forms and can be hard to guess emails.

any of the competing services handle contact forms better?

Back