Niche Site Digest - a free weekly newsletter for niche site publishers

Niche Site Digest

Running a newsletter for niche site builders
BuSo Pro
Degree
Hey BuSo,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Let me get straight to the point. If you're a niche site owner, operator, or just a curious mind in the game, there’s something that will give you an edge: Niche Site Digest.

It’s a free weekly email newsletter covering anything you need to know to grow and monetize your niche site. Think of us as Morning Brew for the niche site industry.

So how does this look in real life?

It’s simple:

You get one 5-min email each Monday covering the latest news, strategies, resources, tips, and more from the previous week.

There’s also a site spotlight section. This is where I analyze successful websites and show you how to implement winning strategies on your own sites.

Here are previous newsletters:

Here’s what my process looks like so far:

On average, I spend 3-5 hours each week curating content across the web.

In a usual week, I go through:

• 10-20 YouTube videos (2x speed is a must)
  • 30-50 emails
  • 10-15 blog posts
  • An uncountable number of forum threads, paid communities,
  • 3-5 website marketplaces
  • And a few other places

After that, I narrowed down the choices to just a few handpicked resources that will have the most impact on your business. I then spend an hour or so writing the email, formatting, and all that jazz.

The end result?

A quick, 5-min email containing the best and most applicable advice and news you should know about.

And yes, I’m aware of the fact that everyone and their mom has a newsletter now. (In fact, I’m subscribed to over 30 in the niche site space alone.)

However, the vast majority of them have a different focus. They promote personal brands or focus on one specific aspect of SEO or niche site industry. I didn’t find any doing what I wanted, so I decided to create one. Since I was doing all this research for myself anyway, I might as well share it with other people.

A little about me: I sold multiple sites for six figures total, both with brokers and in private sales. I’m also still in the trenches running sites. I’m not a guru; I’m just a builder sharing interesting resources and observations as I build my own projects.

Price: $0 (free forever plan)

If you have any questions feel free to reach out here on BuSo, I’m happy to answer anything.

I've been enjoying this. It nails two things that almost seem crafted just for me.

1) It's not overwhelming. It comes once a week on Monday's (I just read today's, which made me think to write a post here). If I read every word I could do it in less than 5 minutes. The formatting is nice and skimmable though, which is great because that leaves more time to dig into the items that you want to spend more time on.

2) The author is digging up things I wouldn't otherwise see. Anyone can toss together an RSS feed from all the SEO sites and blogs, which I have. The downside is your feed gets filled up with sites publishing 10 times a day of garbage, which they then later write case studies about how they deleted 50% of their content. And you miss stuff in that mess too.

But what I'm trying to say is that I appreciate that this newsletter is sourcing content from more places that I just don't have the time or interest to dig into, like Twitter/X, Youtube, etc. It's filtered down to the most interesting items so I'm not wasting time, and it's surfacing content I wouldn't otherwise see.

Also, today's "Site Spotlight" was very interesting. I won't spoil it but I think this feature is worth the (free other than a bit of time) investment alone. I'm actually subscribed to Flippa's, Empire Flippers, and FEI emails just to see things like this, but those sites aren't interesting. The ones in this newsletter actually get the old dusty spiderweb cogs in my brain churning.

Anyways, I'm enjoying it. Curation has become more important, which is why everyone still likes forums and sites like Reddit. This is a similar time saver where someone else has done the work for me.

Thanks Ryuzaki.

I've been trying to create something that I wanted personally to read, which was short updates and links to useful resources from all over the web. I couldn't find anything similar, so I decided to create it myself.

And thanks for mentioning the site spotlight. I'm trying to highlight interesting sites that I find doing research in my day-to-day life. I like data and seeing actual sites making money and breaking it down into tips and strategies we all can use on our own sites.

Anyway, I'm still early with this project, so if anyone has any feedback or requests, I'm all ears - I want to make this into a really useful resource for niche site publishers.

Here's an idea:

I notice a lot of the "big names" in SEO are quick to say "look at the incredible success of this site, based on [insert strategy here]" which is great... until (a) there's an update (b) they get slammed (c) they stop pumping content/buying links/etc.

And while there is still something to learn from those cases, it would be more useful (to me anyway) to see a running index of each site's performance. Kind of like an investment tracker.

Basically, create a basket of niche sites based on the ones you highlight in your articles. So, when you say, look at this site, it's awesome for X reason, and here are the key performance metrics, you can then look back at it in 6 months or 12 months and see whether it actually was awesome or was it a small blip of success. In other words, are these guys just lucky or do they have a strategy that works over an extended period of time?

I'm sure we all do this ourselves to some extent anyway, but it would be interesting to see random niche site examples from a wide range of industries we might not otherwise find.

Back